The Last of Us Series (HBO)

Well you may not understand the issue some may have because as you said, you weren’t even aware it was a game or of anything that happens in the second part of the story. Bella Ramsey is barely 5 ft tall and looks like a 12 year old. I’m sure they can make her look older, but there’s going to be things that happen that are a little harder to believe with Bella Ramsay’s natural stature.
I guess maybe part of it is just fandom of the character? There’s a pretty clear growth and maturation physically in the game in height and weight with Ellie. Anyways, I’m sure the show will still be fine with Bella Ramsey. I just personally think someone else would be better.
Ah, like Reachergate. Is Ellie gender fluid in the game too? That might be an issue for me.

Hope it all works out for you.

Ah, like Reachergate. Is Ellie gender fluid in the game too? That might be an issue for me.

Hope it all works out for you.

Lol yeah kinda is like reacher. And no she’s not gender confused but is gay. It explores her love life in the games story some.

Reactions: Behr
Ellie. Ramsey did a really good job in season 1, but I just don’t see how they pull off everything that happens in the story and the time jump with Bella Ramsey as Ellie.

See, I never got that she was 14 in the first place. She seems like a 19 YO to me, which is where the jump is going, right? I guess then make her look like a 24 YO, which would be really easy to do. Change her hair style and change her clothes to stop hiding the rack.

I don't either. She looks young for 19 but they have ways of making her look older. I think recasting her would ruin it.

I would be so bothered. Not that I love Ellie so much. She's good. I think it's a pretty difficult role and she mostly nails it. I hate recasting 98% of the time, usually even when it's a case where you're replacing Kate Holmes with Maggie G, who is a 100x better as an actress. Unless the person is terrible or the working relationship is dead, do not recast.

See, I never got that she was 14 in the first place. She seems like a 19 YO to me, which is where the jump is going, right? I guess then make her look like a 24 YO, which would be really easy to do. Change her hair style and change her clothes to stop hiding the rack.

It’s not simply the jump in years though, like I already said. Sure, they can make her look a little older. But Bella Ramsey is barely 5 ft tall and has the build of a 12 year old. Ellie in the story matures quite a bit physically, and there are things that happen in the story where there’s just no way in hell someone of ramsays stature will be very believable doing.
Just look at the reference pic I posted of 19 year old Ellie from the source material. A person of Ramsay’s build isn’t doing or surviving some of the stuff that happens in 2.

I totally understand that.

But it's a TV show based on a video game about zombies. I don't expect too much.

I totally understand that.

But it's a TV show based on a video game about zombies. I don't expect too much.

I knew the old “it’s a zombie show” argument was coming at some point. Just because it’s based in a fantasy scenario doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have some established things that are believable. If Ellie had faced off with Mike Tyson in season 1 and knocked him out, would you just be like “ah well, it’s a zombie show. Don’t bother me.” Or would you be like “that’s fu***** stupid, no way in hell lol”..

It’s not simply the jump in years though, like I already said. Sure, they can make her look a little older. But Bella Ramsey is barely 5 ft tall and has the build of a 12 year old. Ellie in the story matures quite a bit physically, and there are things that happen in the story where there’s just no way in hell someone of ramsays stature will be very believable doing.
Just look at the reference pic I posted of 19 year old Ellie from the source material. A person of Ramsay’s build isn’t doing or surviving some of the stuff that happens in 2.

You're saying you don't think she can shred out a little bit? Literally anybody can, and she's got personal trainers, chefs, and nutritionists to help her. It'll be disappointing if they don't harden her a little, but to think they can't seems a little ridiculous.

You're saying you don't think she can shred out a little bit? Literally anybody can, and she's got personal trainers, chefs, and nutritionists to help her. It'll be disappointing if they don't harden her a little, but to think they can't seems a little ridiculous.

We will see I guess. Maybe they can get her some platform shoes too and make her grow a good 6-7 inches.

We will see I guess. Maybe they can get her some platform shoes too and make her grow a good 6-7 inches.

Why does she need to be tall tho? Does an important plot point center around that? I guess I don't wanna know that spoiler.

Edit: Google says she grows to 5' 5", which is not tall, so why does the actress need to be? She's 3-1/2" shorter than that in an industry where they can easily make a 6' 2" dude look like he's 6' 7".

I knew the old “it’s a zombie show” argument was coming at some point. Just because it’s based in a fantasy scenario doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have some established things that are believable. If Ellie had faced off with Mike Tyson in season 1 and knocked him out, would you just be like “ah well, it’s a zombie show. Don’t bother me.” Or would you be like “that’s fu***** stupid, no way in hell lol”..
I wasn't giving you hard time at all, I know stuff like that is important to some, just not me...to a point. I finally quit Furious 10 with the cars in space. Lol.

I know its hard to for you to really explain without spoiling it so I'll just say I look forward to next season.

Reactions: 615vols
Why does she need to be tall tho? Does an important plot point center around that? I guess I don't wanna know that spoiler.

Edit: Google says she grows to 5' 5", which is not tall, so why does the actress need to be? She's 3-1/2" shorter than that in an industry where they can easily make a 6' 2" dude look like he's 6' 7".

I don’t know how many times I can say the same thing to you? Bella Ramsay is barely 5 ft and has the build of a 12 year old child. Now imagine a 5ft maybe 115 pound person going into hand to hand combat against an almost 6 ft tall over 170 pound person. Bella Ramsay in a role like that isn’t as believable as someone with another half a foot in height and another 20 pounds or whatever would be. Like I’ve already said, I’m sure the show will still be fine with Bella Ramsay, I would personally just prefer a recast. I can give you every spoiler there is though if you want to talk specifics.

I wasn't giving you hard time at all, I know stuff like that is important to some, just not me...to a point. I finally quit Furious 10 with the cars in space. Lol.

I know its hard to for you to really explain without spoiling it so I'll just say I look forward to next season.

Oh I know, I hope I didn’t come across as bothered or smart a** or anything. It’s probably largely like I said earlier, my fandom of the game and specifically character. I just personally feel some upcoming events would be better portrayed by someone else. But I’m sure it’ll still be good.

It was alright nothing epic or anything and nothing like the first season of walking dead.

You thought the first season of the Walking Dead was better done? I guess I need to go back and watch that season. I don't recall TWD really hitting until the season they got off the farm (3?).

Well you may not understand the issue some may have because as you said, you weren’t even aware it was a game or of anything that happens in the second part of the story. Bella Ramsey is barely 5 ft tall and looks like a 12 year old. I’m sure they can make her look older, but there’s going to be things that happen that are a little harder to believe with Bella Ramsay’s natural stature.
I guess maybe part of it is just fandom of the character? There’s a pretty clear growth and maturation physically in the game in height and weight with Ellie. Anyways, I’m sure the show will still be fine with Bella Ramsey. I just personally think someone else would be better. Also, just for reference sake here’s Ellie in part 2:
View attachment 542000
I wonder if Keith Urban is available.

Reactions: 615vols
Watched first two epis.

Man, had TWD never happened this show would be gangbusters. Alas, it did. And thus my eyes cannot avert the similarities. And for that reason, I'm out.
Do yourself a favor and watch the 3rd. You might love it or you might hate it but it's worth a watch as a stand alone episode

VN Store

Back