The Lane Kiffin Thread

Kiffin: Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good grief I don't know anybody saying that, I am all for letting our AD find whom he wants. He certainly isn't the only coach. At the same time time there is nothing wrong with people thinking he should be considered. I would want a face to face meeting and a heartfelt talk about it before I hired him or anyone. I want the best person that wants to be here and put my faith that the AD will deliver. Some on here aren't going to like no matter who is hired all I care about is getting a coach that can win in this conference and do it right. GBO!
For one thing he's not a proven coach. Nothing in his resume warrants all the fawning over him like we see here. Just look at all the threads with his name attached. If you didn't know better you'd think he was the next Nick Saban. Next he just took a job at MS at the same time he's being tagged with this label of team jumper---which says he could never live down that label if he left MS after only 1 season to go to a team with a worse record that where he is at now. It makes zero common sense to even be talking about kiffin for the 1 billionth time. On top of that, he laughs at Vol fans who obsess over him even after he dumped them.

The absurdity that so many are displaying in the delusional idea that we could just go and get Kiffin if we want him is astonishing. He is becoming the new Gruden.

We might as well start saying he owns land in East TN, claiming he’s on planes to Knoxville, that he’s enrolled his kids in school, etc.

There’s absolutely no chance Kiffin would take this current disaster of a job, especially considering the penalties that are coming. Especially when far better jobs are right around the corner.

We’re making ourselves look pathetic. Kiffin left here after one year and now many are desperate for him to come back. It’s like begging your ex-wife who very publicly dumped and humiliated you to come back.
Kiffin won’t take the job? It’s the opposite. UT would never hire this guy again. No way.

Reactions: volfeeva
I totally agree and wonder why so many fans are so obsessed with someone who dumped us after 1 season and then kept working the fans making snide comments about Tenn. I bet if Kiffin takes out a restraining order to be left alone they would still be posting about getting this very average coach. It's depressing to imagine Vol fans actually considering Kiffin is the must get coaching God. Good grief.

Tbh, I think he is a must-get. And would be an INCREDIBLE hire for TN at this point. I simply do not see why a coach in a good position with a recent raise would want to walk into a disaster of a situation when a multitude of better jobs will be available each of the next several years.

Kiffin is a good coach. No doubt. Can recruit and gets players excited. But he is unpredictable. If we hired him, we could be looking back at this point in a few years regretting it. He could potentially put us in hot water with the NCAA, which we already have enough of. But he also could make us great. Not sure White will be willing to take that risk.

OP by all means, if you can stoop down off your high horse, give us simpletons the proof that says Kiffin won’t take the TN job.

We would love to see it.

Reactions: buckfama
My good buddy is a rich bank President in Knoxville. He mingles with the big wigs. He claims that new AD White was promised that money would be no issue in the coaching search. He was told to “go get your coach” and we’ll pay whatever we have to pay.

My good buddy is a rich bank President in Knoxville. He mingles with the big wigs. He claims that new AD White was promised that money would be no issue in the coaching search. He was told to “go get your coach” and we’ll pay whatever we have to pay.
That makes a lot of sense because you go hire a outsider that has made good hires everywhere would be a really smart move no doubt.

Something that concerns with Kiffin is: Would he really embrace Tennessee or our traditions this time? The last time he was here, Kiffin put USC posters up to talk about the players he coached and he didn’t embrace all the solid history of great players we’ve had. Didn’t do the Neyland maxims and such. It was kind of all about Lane. Hopefully that would be different.

He actually did a fair job. The difference was that USC went from a top 4 program right into oblivion due to sanctions and the fan base had no patience. USC has never recovered. Right now I would not think anyone has any expectations here other than to be a dumpster fire, so he likely would have a a more realistic path to relative success.
Fair job? He took the pre season number one team in the country and got fired with it. He’s never had sustained success anywhere. He’s also playing UT fans for fools right now and is loving the attention. He is one of the best OC’s in the country but barely an average HC. His record proves it. All social media hype, nothing else

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Fair job? He took the pre season number one team in the country and got fired with it. He’s never had sustained success anywhere. He’s also playing UT fans for fools right now and is loving the attention. He is one of the best OC’s in the country but barely an average HC. His record proves it. All social media hype, nothing else
R32abc5f0cd872228d0a958e63ebb05a3.gif

Reactions: volfeeva

VN Store

Back