The Lane Kiffin Thread

Kiffin: Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Going to be surprised if the new AD goes after Kiffin. I believe that he will understand the pain the program and fans have been through and part of that pain was caused by Kiffin. Kiffin left here after one year and would leave Ole Miss after one year??? Believe ADDW will be seeking stability and a solid coach is isn't off to a perceived bigger program that comes calling.

Kiffin simply does not offer that. If Saban gets run over by a log truck next year and Kiffin has ramped our offensive production up and the Tide, for some crazy reason, came calling, Kiffin is gone just as fast as he left for USC and Ole Miss for us. He's a good coach and exciting, but the hinting of willingness to leave Ole Miss after one year is a huge red flag. This is not the be-all, end-all job in CFB in perception right now. I wouldn't touch him.

I think it will be someone who wants to build their program here and be identified with a great Tennessee football program that someone built, not with an eye half cocked elsewhere and using Tennessee only to polish his resume.

Yes, I don't think White is going to have carte blanche to hire a coach with NCAA baggage, even if he were so inclined. The UT admins mentioned integrity a couple dozen times in that presser. I believe it's obvious that was a clear signal to UT fans pining for Freeze (and I think Freeze would do an outstanding job!) that Freeze will not be considered. Same applies to Kiffin. Some of our fans think unrealistically like children, ignoring reality.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I would support it on one condition: he will forfeit his buyout if he leaves for another job while under contract. If he agrees to that then that would let me know he’s serious this time.

Reactions: Border Vol
The absurdity that so many are displaying in the delusional idea that we could just go and get Kiffin if we want him is astonishing. He is becoming the new Gruden.

We might as well start saying he owns land in East TN, claiming he’s on planes to Knoxville, that he’s enrolled his kids in school, etc.

There’s absolutely no chance Kiffin would take this current disaster of a job, especially considering the penalties that are coming. Especially when far better jobs are right around the corner.

We’re making ourselves look pathetic. Kiffin left here after one year and now many are desperate for him to come back. It’s like begging your ex-wife who very publicly dumped and humiliated you to come back.
I totally agree and wonder why so many fans are so obsessed with someone who dumped us after 1 season and then kept working the fans making snide comments about Tenn. I bet if Kiffin takes out a restraining order to be left alone they would still be posting about getting this very average coach. It's depressing to imagine Vol fans actually considering Kiffin is the must get coaching God. Good grief.

The absurdity that so many are displaying in the delusional idea that we could just go and get Kiffin if we want him is astonishing. He is becoming the new Gruden.

We might as well start saying he owns land in East TN, claiming he’s on planes to Knoxville, that he’s enrolled his kids in school, etc.

There’s absolutely no chance Kiffin would take this current disaster of a job, especially considering the penalties that are coming. Especially when far better jobs are right around the corner.

We’re making ourselves look pathetic. Kiffin left here after one year and now many are desperate for him to come back. It’s like begging your ex-wife who very publicly dumped and humiliated you to come back.
And you will wind up supporting him if he does return to UT most likely.:rolleyes:

I truly believe he would’ve won big here the first time around had he been committed to us. He has one of the greatest offensive football minds the game has ever seen.

Then put it in his contract- If you leave to go back to USCw you payback 100% of your salary, give up your right testicle, etc., etc.
In the contract also protect the same way against an NFL hire If he's offered the job.
Make the contract so he massively suffers if he leaves prematurely. See how bad he really wants to be here.

He would do good here, But do you really think he wants to be here?...He has trolled us for years....Made fun of us and even begged us to play USC in the kickoff classic so he could beat the crap out of us....We want him back but I am curious if he really wants to be here...I mean he left us after one year and if he comes here he will have done the same thing to Ole Miss, Which by the way I could care less...Ole Miss can kiss this but would we put something in his contract that would prevent him from bolting from UT again without paying a huge buyout?....Is it worth the risk?

He would take it in a second.

I've felt the same way today as I read twitter and saw all of the tweets about Kiffin and TN.

Only if the contract contains a buyout, for him to leave, the likes of which god has never seen. Also our buyout to fire him can be no higher than $3.50 and a day old smokey dog.

Reactions: 08Vol
Wouldn’t working under Saban disqualify him since we want to get away from Saban Disciples?
No. Standing there and taking that ass chewing Saban gave him out on the edge of the field garnered some respect. It happened on national TV in front of the whole world.

I totally agree and wonder why so many fans are so obsessed with someone who dumped us after 1 season and then kept working the fans making snide comments about Tenn. I bet if Kiffin takes out a restraining order to be left alone they would still be posting about getting this very average coach. It's depressing to imagine Vol fans actually considering Kiffin is the must get coaching God. Good grief.
Good grief I don't know anybody saying that, I am all for letting our AD find whom he wants. He certainly isn't the only coach. At the same time time there is nothing wrong with people thinking he should be considered. I would want a face to face meeting and a heartfelt talk about it before I hired him or anyone. I want the best person that wants to be here and put my faith that the AD will deliver. Some on here aren't going to like no matter who is hired all I care about is getting a coach that can win in this conference and do it right. GBO!

Kiffin is unlikely, but at least plausible. Gruden was a complete pipe dream.

Did you just post this comment in another thread? As I replied there… There are significant differences. For one, we could actually get him if that’s who we went after. No question we could outbid Ole Miss. Also he’s actually been the coach here before. I get what you’re trying to say...he’s a popular choice. But nowhere even close to the same situation
No, we couldn't actually get him. This is ridiculous.

VN Store

Back