The Jazz/Bluegrass/Other Music Thread

Matt2496

Just wanted to make a thread dedicated to other styles of music besides rock or country.

Right now I'm listening to the Trans-Atlantic Sessions. Here's a tiny excerpt from those sessions with Alison Krauss and Sarah Jarosz, some of my favorite female singers.

What are yall listening to right now?

Just wanted to make a thread dedicated to other styles of music besides rock or country.

Right now I'm listening to the Trans-Atlantic Sessions. Here's a tiny excerpt from those sessions with Alison Krauss and Sarah Jarosz, some of my favorite female singers.

What are yall listening to right now?

I stumbled across Sarah Jarosz years ago. She is an amazing vocalist.

I've been a fan of Folds for 20 years and have seen him live a few times. He's probably underappreciated by most, but I believe he is one of the most talented and entertaining musicians of our era.

I have no Musical talent. Cant read music, cant play an instrument. I can feel it though, and deeply at times. I admire the 2 ladies above and the amazing musicians that played with them as much as i admire TOOL..which i have always felt were the best of their genre, and amazing.

I too have liked Ben forever..dont know which school he went to but he was always playing Raleigh, so figured its one of those 3...i dont need to have talent like his to recognize his genius...any more than i need to play golf to watch Tiger on sunday in a major and know it was greatness. Glad to see other folks who like the same weird music i do.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I am not that unique. My 1st obsession from abour 10 yrs thru my early teens was Floyd. Had about everything they ever Recorded on cassette. There are lots of Floyd fans here though. Not sure what would be the weirdest thing i listen to though.

$20 VN dollars to the first poster who shares that they listen to some sincerely obscure music.

Some of my favorite "oddities"/non-mainstream music:

The Punch Brothers (alt/experimental bluegrass)
NF (Christian rapper)
Red (Christian heavy band)
Above and Beyond and their side-project Oceanlab (vocal-heavy EDM/trance)

Some of my favorite "oddities"/non-mainstream music:

The Punch Brothers (alt/experimental bluegrass)
NF (Christian rapper)
Red (Christian heavy band)
Above and Beyond and their side-project Oceanlab (vocal-heavy EDM/trance)
I love the Punch Brothers!

They have a new album that just came out recently.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
Trippy

Jazzy

Funky

Reactions: sona

Reactions: sona
Morphine's album "Cure for Pain" was a staple in my rotation for many years. I still love it.
My favorite song from that album is Mary Won't You Call My Name

My favorite song from that album is Mary Won't You Call My Name
That's a good one. All Wrong, In Spite of me, Thursday, ... Really not a bad tune on there

Probably one of the top 3-4 albums that really take me back in time.

I listened to about half of a CD by an act called Circus Berzerkus. Blues with highly sexual lyrics. So blue that I assume it is a novelty act/project. Didn't much care for it and the CD is now bound for Goodwill next time a take the donation box out. I tried.

This song has a chicken solo

VN Store

Back