The Jarrett Guarantano hate

It also says a lot about where we are that so many people can get their panties in a giant wad because someone stated the obvious and it wasn't a flattering compliment.

the ole "im offended that your offended," snowflake argument...nice

He seems to be a great kid personally. He's taken a lot of hits and got back up so he's tough. I certainly don't hate him. I want him to come out and kick ass this season.

But based on what we've seen he's an average, slightly below average SEC QB. If we get the QB play we've gotten the past 2 seasons we're capped at 6 wins this year IMO. Probably 5 if I were betting.

Again, I would love to be wrong here.

Hoping he turns the corner this year in his second year under Chaney. He's been extremely erratic and underwhelming in his time on the hill. QB play this year is going to be the difference in competeting for the east and going 5-5 IMO. Need him to step up big time.
Pulaski Vol liked your post on which states JG is eratic and underwhelming. We are slowly turning his viewpoint.

Reactions: BigOrangeFanatic
If you're going to dump emotional ******** on me OP then just think about the thousands of children with terminal illnesses in St. Judes, people with cancer who were liftetime vol fans seeing their last season, and across the state people suffering who look up to UT football for a glimpse of hope and see JGs product every weekend. I bet we all on VN know someone who was suffering, a huge UT fan, and was let down this past decade. My grandfather's 80 year Vol fandom (including attending >70% of home/bowl games since the 1960s) came to an end the year we went 4-8 I'm sure he looked forward to the Vols his final months I'm sure it helped things. Riley Green's Wish Grandpa's Never Died just came on the Vol Radio typing this. This program is more than JG and more than the current team even. This is our state, our people, our display of pride of our community, and this is TENNESSEE I don't see a New Jersey boy understanding any of what I typed anyhow

So according to your standards, we can only recruit Tennessee kids. If the New Jersey kid who has been battle tested with his teammates can not understand “any of what” you typed, then neither can any other kid from any state other than Tennessee.

I think this was a silly thread to resurrect and counterproductive to the argument the person that reignited this wanted to make. If JG plays well then we are all celebrating. Now you've created a choose sides discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: swampfoxfan
PulaskiVFan is the originator of the “Fake News” reporting so prevalent today.
Really, He's ranked 7, 6 and the 3rd in the 3 he listed. Of course he's not ranked in yards as he's bottom half of the league in attempts and played a lot less snaps than those ahead of him. There are 14 teams in the league, he averaged ranked 5.3 in the 3 metrics the guy just gave out. Not sure what kind of math you were taught in high school but I'm pretty sure 5.3 is in the top half of 14. Even taking in the 9th in yards he ranks 6.3 on avg. Do you understand the math?

Reactions: feathersax
9th in yards passing
7th in % percentage
6th (T) in TD passes
3rd in INTS

14 schools. He's right around the middle except for INTs
Those metrics definitely add up to top half in the league, even when you add the yardage which you know is lower simply because he had less attempts than the 8 in front of him. You're only going to find a couple of QB stats throwing the football where his stats are lower half.

Reactions: feathersax
Really, He's ranked 7, 6 and the 3rd in the 3 he listed. Of course he's not ranked in yards as he's bottom half of the league in attempts and played a lot less snaps than those ahead of him. There are 14 teams in the league, he averaged ranked 5.3 in the 3 metrics the guy just gave out. Not sure what kind of math you were taught in high school but I'm pretty sure 5.3 is in the top half of 14. Even taking in the 9th in yards he ranks 6.3 on avg. Do you understand the math?
Not ranked in top half of the league in attempts and downs because he was yanked several times and in several games the coaches were so afraid to let JG throw the ball that we even ran the ball in obvious passing downs ad nauseam. Still points to mediocrity.

Reactions: Doberman
One thing gives me hope for JG: Alex Smith.

Highly touted. First draft pick. Picked ahead of Aaron Rogers. Total disappointment, especially after 4 offensive coordinators in his first 4 years.

Enter the right coach with a good offensive mind and a little faith in him. Things turn around. He becomes a damn solid NFL quarterback. Not spectacular, but very solid.

If we could get solid from JG, that'd be huge. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm not giving up hope. And if not, we've got other very talented options.

Reactions: Remy
The hate for J
It dumbfounds me to read all of this hate over a kid. First, this is a kid. He may legally and technically be a man but still, he is just a kid. Not only that, but he is doing something productive such as going to college to get an education and, though I don't know anything about his or his parents financial abilities, football is providing an avenue for him to do so. Just how many of you negative posters actually have an investment into the University such as a degree, donor, booster or played football for the University? Or, are you just a fan? Second, I remember reading on this forum several years ago how many of you thought he was going to be the next biggest thing since Peyton. Third, and to me most importantly, how many of you haters have or could be an SEC starting QB? Even with as bad of a team as we currently have, how many of you posters that continuously dog him out could even make the team as a walk on much less supplant him as the starting QB?

Granted, there may be more or other options at QB but most of the posters on here are personally attacking a kid. Now, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but what is wrong with ya'll?

The hate for Jarrett Guarantano is the most embarrassing thing ive seen from this fanbase since Ive been a fan. Mid 70s for those womdering.

JG isnt a great qb and likely never will be. He is however like me...all Orange and thats all that matters.

I do wiah we had someone behind him who was better but JTS and BM have had chances to prove themselves and werent up to the task at that time. Who knows what this year holds but im praying JG breaks every single seasom passing record in the books and we win 8-10 games.

It dumbfounds me to read all of this hate over a kid. First, this is a kid. He may legally and technically be a man but still, he is just a kid. Not only that, but he is doing something productive such as going to college to get an education and, though I don't know anything about his or his parents financial abilities, football is providing an avenue for him to do so. Just how many of you negative posters actually have an investment into the University such as a degree, donor, booster or played football for the University? Or, are you just a fan? Second, I remember reading on this forum several years ago how many of you thought he was going to be the next biggest thing since Peyton. Third, and to me most importantly, how many of you haters have or could be an SEC starting QB? Even with as bad of a team as we currently have, how many of you posters that continuously dog him out could even make the team as a walk on much less supplant him as the starting QB?

Granted, there may be more or other options at QB but most of the posters on here are personally attacking a kid. Now, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but what is wrong with ya'll?
It's not hate for me. It's just reality. I'm sure he's a great kid and practices well. He just isn't that good of a QB

This is the wussification of our society. People equate any kind of criticism with hate. If I dont like the way somebody plays football and I dont want them to be the quarterback, that doesnt mean I hate them. It just means I dont like the way somebody plays football and I dont want them to be the quarterback.

Because that's the root of the criticism of JG's play, it's 100% based on him not leading UT to an undefeated season, right?

No but it’s been clear that no matter how well he’s done, it’s not good enough. Remember the Missouri game. he okayed fantastic but there were a number of complaints that anyone could throw for 400 yards against that D.

No but it’s been clear that no matter how well he’s done, it’s not good enough. Remember the Missouri game. he okayed fantastic but there were a number of complaints that anyone could throw for 400 yards against that D.

Because we should be happy to field a QB who is only good for 1-2 solid games a season?

Reactions: lifeVol
Do you people really believe the coaches wouldn’t start the QB that they believe gives us the best chance to win? Or do you put more belief in an anonymous response to a text?

Because we should be happy to field a QB who is only good for 1-2 solid games a season?

I’m not saying he’s great. I’m saying he, in the view of the coaches who see him every day, gives us the best chance to win. Do you believe that posters know better than the coaches?

VN Store

Back