The Jarrett Guarantano hate

XknoxvolsX

The only people who dislike winners are losers!
It dumbfounds me to read all of this hate over a kid. First, this is a kid. He may legally and technically be a man but still, he is just a kid. Not only that, but he is doing something productive such as going to college to get an education and, though I don't know anything about his or his parents financial abilities, football is providing an avenue for him to do so. Just how many of you negative posters actually have an investment into the University such as a degree, donor, booster or played football for the University? Or, are you just a fan? Second, I remember reading on this forum several years ago how many of you thought he was going to be the next biggest thing since Peyton. Third, and to me most importantly, how many of you haters have or could be an SEC starting QB? Even with as bad of a team as we currently have, how many of you posters that continuously dog him out could even make the team as a walk on much less supplant him as the starting QB?

Granted, there may be more or other options at QB but most of the posters on here are personally attacking a kid. Now, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but what is wrong with ya'll?

If you're going to dump emotional ******** on me OP then just think about the thousands of children with terminal illnesses in St. Judes, people with cancer who were liftetime vol fans seeing their last season, and across the state people suffering who look up to UT football for a glimpse of hope and see JGs product every weekend. I bet we all on VN know someone who was suffering, a huge UT fan, and was let down this past decade. My grandfather's 80 year Vol fandom (including attending >70% of home/bowl games since the 1960s) came to an end the year we went 4-8 I'm sure he looked forward to the Vols his final months I'm sure it helped things. Riley Green's Wish Grandpa's Never Died just came on the Vol Radio typing this. This program is more than JG and more than the current team even. This is our state, our people, our display of pride of our community, and this is TENNESSEE I don't see a New Jersey boy understanding any of what I typed anyhow

Last edited:
Personal attacks, bad. Agree. It’s not like the kid is trying to lose so to hate him the way he’s hated is likely unfair.

At the same time, we won’t be able to win squat with a QB that takes 2 seconds to see an open receiver. Time to wish him well with the clipboard and try another option.

Not a single good point was made in this post. No one is hating him as a person, everyone is just pointing out that he sucks. He was given plenty of time to prove himself, and he hasn't. So when the fans start calling for a new starter, you can't blame them. JG will never get us what we want. Might as well look toward the future and break in a young QB.

It dumbfounds me to read all of this hate over a kid. First, this is a kid. He may legally and technically be a man but still, he is just a kid. Not only that, but he is doing something productive such as going to college to get an education and, though I don't know anything about his or his parents financial abilities, football is providing an avenue for him to do so. Just how many of you negative posters actually have an investment into the University such as a degree, donor, booster or played football for the University? Or, are you just a fan? Second, I remember reading on this forum several years ago how many of you thought he was going to be the next biggest thing since Peyton. Third, and to me most importantly, how many of you haters have or could be an SEC starting QB? Even with as bad of a team as we currently have, how many of you posters that continuously dog him out could even make the team as a walk on much less supplant him as the starting QB?

Granted, there may be more or other options at QB but most of the posters on here are personally attacking a kid. Now, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but what is wrong with ya'll?
I hope that universities have programs that prepare players for the roller coaster they are about to ride when they sign up for college football. I would personally tell any kid of mine to stay off social media till after they graduated.

I don't think many people are hating on him as a person (sadly of course there are exceptions). most of us simply feel that the football team (that we strongly support) would fare better with another option at quarterback. and part of that of course goes into reasons why we feel that JG is not the best option. we are not hating on him. we are calling out issues with his play that we think jeopardizes our chances of winning

I haven't seen anyone personally attack him, he simply is not the answer at qb for us. I was pulling for him, I pull for all Vol players. He just isn't our answer at QB, he has had plenty of time. GBO!

Like you i think the hate is pathetic and sad.

With thay said; as good of a young man i believe him to be doesnt change the fact he really is lacking as a qb in the SEC

Reactions: dd4vols and carpbc
He seems like a good kid and I head correctly, he’s already graduated so that says a lot about him.
However, he also has more losses than any other starting QB in UT history. Sure, it’s a team effort, but the QB is the leader and often face of the program. He was thrown in as a starter as a freshman To replace QD (who had led us to 3 wins already), but he was only able to notch one more win. I think it’s time to give another talented Freshman QB a chance to see what he can do. Honestly, we can’t do much worse. If he sparks us, great. J G can coach and encourage him with a good attitude and maybe gets a second chance. We have nothing left to lose at this point to try something different

He lost us this game, he deserves all the criticism he gets. He had the audacity to do his commit video from Times Square and then goes on to be 6-14 as starting QB LMAO

Reactions: VolSteve and 08Vol

Nobody said he’s not doing anything productive, just not anything productive on the football field.

VN Store

Back