The Jarrett Guarantano debate thread...

Look what Jimbo did for Kellen Mond. I think Chaney can do as much, for JG.

My .02 . Listening to interviews, catching little phrases here and there from Pruitt, JG, Cheney. Last year, he wasn't allowed or was very limited in making protection changes or audibles(I'm guessing there Oline didn't need more confused). The offensive play calling by Helton wasn't effective. He'd call 5 plays that worked and never call them again until 4 games later. He would call plays that should work according to his chart, but due to line play, receivers wrong route, defensive effectiveness, JG not making the right read, too long developing plays, etc. Cheney will simplify all this and give (has already given) JG the ability to adjust protections, ability to audible (teach him what to audible to and when), call plays much, much, more effectively. Pruitt, I believe, was going to replace Helton after the season after seeing these issues. I hope JG has the great season this team needs. If he doesn't, with Cheney there, then this becomes the point where it's obviously a him problem, not the Oline/coordinator/whatever. Make or break year no doubt.

All you say is true but the biggest reason JG had such a ****** year is not because he lacked talent but because he had precious little time to throw the ball on the money. the kid got bounced around like a rubber ball. Hopefully this year he will have improved his throwing time and all around ability and will have time to make the plays we hope he can make. Grandpa
JG was the #1 dual threat QB in the nation when he was recruited. He was ahead of Jalen Hurts.. Let that sink in. The #1 dual threat QB and it turns out he is 0 threat with arm or legs. He's a huge bust.

JG was the #1 dual threat QB in the nation when he was recruited. He was ahead of Jalen Hurts.. Let that sink in. The #1 dual threat QB and it turns out he is 0 threat with arm or legs. He's a huge bust.
I'd call this post a bust but it's so trash that there was nothing there to bust in the first place.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
This is an old and tired argument and everything has been said

Yet still relevant when people scratch their heads and dont understand why JG isn't an elite QB.

Every post you're making in this thread is like a boring meme version of every other post that trashes Guarantano. Nobody ever wonders why he isn't an elite quarterback.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
That was quite a sad effort. I hate to run him, but you've got to be more entertaining than that if you're going to troll a message board.
Don’t be so bashful next time.

VN Store

Back