The info lockdown under Pruitt is strong.

Maybe one of the Physicians can pipe in on this but, I was wondering how much time does Trey need to come off of blood thinners before he's not at risk from his blood being too thin and the opposite how many days before it's thin enough. I was wondering if they could limit his playing time to maximize his effectiveness yet lower his risk for injury and would they cycle him back on blood thinners and meds depending on how much time before he plays again. (An off week for example). He shouldn't necessarily really need to play the first three games but, we'd want him in on Florida, Bama, Georgia, etc.. I'll hang up and listen.

I'm not a doctor, but this was brought up last week on SportsTalk here in Knoxville. From what I can remember, if cleared to play he would be taken off the medication later in the week (I think they said Thursdays) and then put back on it either Sundays or Mondays.

I find it interesting that with all of the beat reporters from print, web sites, radio stations that cover UT football on a daily basis, how little real information they get.
Of course, they get very limited access to practice.
But, you would think that some would have sources inside the program to come up with solid answers to questions like:
Will Trey Smith play and how much.
What really happened between UT and the NCAA in the Solomon transfer.
Who has grabbed hold of the #2 QB job.

I guess this is the way that Pruitt likes it.
That’s fine. Seems most coaches have gone toward a lockdown on info. But, it can be frustrating for junkies like us that are always jonesing to know more about our team.

As it should be.

Loose lips - sink ships.............

I find it interesting that with all of the beat reporters from print, web sites, radio stations that cover UT football on a daily basis, how little real information they get.
But, you would think that some would have sources inside the program to come up with solid answers to questions like:

That’s fine. Seems most coaches have gone toward a lockdown on info. But, it can be frustrating for junkies like us that are always jonesing to know more about our team.
Trey Smith wouldn't be out there busting his ass if he wasn't gonna play.

I am personally a fan of doing it this way. Often times leaked info that is not the truth or only part of the truth gets recruits, fans, and recruits family in a craze.

" ie. lower leg injury caused by stepping on a helmet "

You don’t know that.

Bottom line, it doesn’t matter what you or I think.

Pruitt will do it as he sees fit, period.

Every single NFL practice, no matter which team, is completely open to the media. I don't hear anyone moaning about exposing trade secrets to other teams. Back when Pete Carroll was coaching USC and they were absolutely mashing everybody, all of their practices were open to anybody who wanted to attend. Dude it's football. We're not building bombs here. You don't HAVE to do it the Saban way to have success.

I'm not a doctor, but this was brought up last week on SportsTalk here in Knoxville. From what I can remember, if cleared to play he would be taken off the medication later in the week (I think they said Thursdays) and then put back on it either Sundays or Mondays.
Thanks for the information. I wondered it that was reasonable. I'm guessing bruising and certainly an internal injury could get really bad, really fast when on the meds.

Reactions: sbm362
People in the administration understand Pruitt is no nonsense and will handle matters more than appropriately if someone runs their mouth. If you are willing to be the bad guy at times you earn that respect. Good on him for running a tight ship

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Ability and desire to play aren’t the problems, it is very likely he hasn’t been cleared to hit and may never be. He also missed nearly half the year last year.

Pure old finger in the air seeking wind direction just waving it around promoting a storm when you have jack squat first hand information. If you’re an adult you’ve embarrassed yourself imo.

I hope I am wrong but I don’t think Smith will play much this year if at all and the NCAA is going to deny the appeal. We all just are hoping it isn’t true

With your attitude, why even play the game, the Vols are always behind the 8 ball, no?

I think in part the lack of info is due to the fact that HIPPA compliance is a major issue for hospitals and they are easy to track with the software that is in use now. Colleges have picked up on this and use it as an excuse to not release information, which they should not do anyways.

It is also due to the fact that most of the beat writes that cover things in Knoxville are lazy and want everything delivered to them on a plate. And if access is cut off it is much easier to whine about it on their radio/pod cast rather than doing actual reporting work.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Every single NFL practice, no matter which team, is completely open to the media. I don't hear anyone moaning about exposing trade secrets to other teams. Back when Pete Carroll was coaching USC and they were absolutely mashing everybody, all of their practices were open to anybody who wanted to attend. Dude it's football. We're not building bombs here. You don't HAVE to do it the Saban way to have success.

This isn’t the NFL. The NFL has a media access policy.
Pete Carroll last coached at USC 10 years ago and social media has exploded since then.
As far as Saban goes, the only person that’s held him in check somewhat is Dabo.
Dabo has closed practices and isn’t a media darling either.

Like I said earlier, Pruitt will do his way and could care less what you or I think about it period.
I for one like the idea of keeping things close to the vest.

Reactions: tbones0711
1. Recently heard Austin Price say that sources tell him that Trey will definitely play.

2. No one knows here because it’s an NCAA decision that could very well be affected by Harbaugh and Michigan not being forthcoming with information needed to complete the decision process

3. Everything points toward Shrout being the #2 QB. Heard Hubbs say this yesterday morning on the radio.

I wouldn't Doubt HARBAUGH holding up the Process with Solomon. Michigan is Big 10, (Aka Little 10 to the SEC) And UF seriously kicked that azz in the Bowl! JH is an azzole anyhow. (Insert Johnny Majors' Favorite colorful Two Words Describing someone he despised) FB.

You are not in the circle of trust.

1566512436410.gif

VN Store

Back