The info lockdown under Pruitt is strong.

Vfl2407

I find it interesting that with all of the beat reporters from print, web sites, radio stations that cover UT football on a daily basis, how little real information they get.
Of course, they get very limited access to practice.
But, you would think that some would have sources inside the program to come up with solid answers to questions like:
Will Trey Smith play and how much.
What really happened between UT and the NCAA in the Solomon transfer.
Who has grabbed hold of the #2 QB job.

I guess this is the way that Pruitt likes it.
That’s fine. Seems most coaches have gone toward a lockdown on info. But, it can be frustrating for junkies like us that are always jonesing to know more about our team.

I find it interesting that with all of the beat reporters from print, web sites, radio stations that cover UT football on a daily basis, how little real information they get.
But, you would think that some would have sources inside the program to come up with solid answers to questions like:

That’s fine. Seems most coaches have gone toward a lockdown on info. But, it can be frustrating for junkies like us that are always jonesing to know more about our team.

I think you know the answer to the first two but like everyone else you are hoping it isn’t true.

Reactions: 08Vol and Remy
I hope I am wrong but I don’t think Smith will play much this year if at all and the NCAA is going to deny the appeal. We all just are hoping it isn’t true
Ok, if you believe in karma, please toss some garlic over your shoulder and say Go Vols 10 times to retract your statement from the football Gods that may have been listening.

Trey Smith will play. He started game 1 last year against West Virginia and he didn't participate in any fall camp contact. Don't let the fact that he isn't hitting in fall camp form your opinion.

Ability and desire to play aren’t the problems, it is very likely he hasn’t been cleared to hit and may never be. He also missed nearly half the year last year.

Optimism or you know sumpin?
I have no inside knowledge but the signs point toward him playing. He's consistently mentioned running with the 1's. To me that's even more meaningful since there's a lot of movement at other positions.

The one thing that would be most telling if we knew was his level of participation in the scrimmages. If he was allowed full contact even for parts of the scrimmages, he's playing.

I'm no insider. I just think if you "read the tea leaves" you'll come to the conclusion that Trey is going to play. They're following the exact same protocol with him that they did last fall camp. Plus if they had no intention of playing him they would've announced it by now. There would be no sense in being coy about it at this point. They're not going to waste 1st team reps with someone that they're not hopeful will start.

1. Recently heard Austin Price say that sources tell him that Trey will definitely play.

2. No one knows here because it’s an NCAA decision that could very well be affected by Harbaugh and Michigan not being forthcoming with information needed to complete the decision process

3. Everything points toward Shrout being the #2 QB. Heard Hubbs say this yesterday morning on the radio.

1. Recently heard Austin Price say that sources tell him that Trey will definitely play.

2. No one knows here because it’s an NCAA decision that could very well be affected by Harbaugh and Michigan not being forthcoming with information needed to complete the decision process

3. Everything points toward Shrout being the #2 QB. Heard Hubbs say this yesterday morning on the radio.

Thanks. I hereby nominate KBV as our official insider.

Pruitt said there is a plan in place between doctors and staff that will give him the ability to play should he be able to. The intent, unless something happens, is that he plays.

**Direct quote**“As we get closer to the season, our doctors and training staff, they’ll implement a plan that will give him an opportunity to possibly play again.”

I'm pretty certain Trey wouldn't be out there practicing all this much if they didn't have a plan in place to play this season

Probably right, but it could be for morale or planning in case he does get cleared to play. Even if it’s a small chance, the coaches would have to plan for it

Reactions: 08Vol
Probably right, but it could be for morale or planning in case he does get cleared to play. Even if it’s a small chance, the coaches would have to plan for it
Perhaps for competition, which Pruitt and Company are all about. Trey just needs to SHOW the can of WhoopAzz - Doesn't need to open it to be effective.

I'm pretty certain Trey wouldn't be out there practicing all this much if they didn't have a plan in place to play this season
Maybe one of the Physicians can pipe in on this but, I was wondering how much time does Trey need to come off of blood thinners before he's not at risk from his blood being too thin and the opposite how many days before it's thin enough. I was wondering if they could limit his playing time to maximize his effectiveness yet lower his risk for injury and would they cycle him back on blood thinners and meds depending on how much time before he plays again. (An off week for example). He shouldn't necessarily really need to play the first three games but, we'd want him in on Florida, Bama, Georgia, etc.. I'll hang up and listen.

VN Store

Back