The info lockdown under Pruitt is strong.

If we knew that this site could shut down.
Besides, Nick you know a good poker player never shows his hand.

Reactions: Alto1
This isn’t the NFL. The NFL has a media access policy.
Pete Carroll last coached at USC 10 years ago and social media has exploded since then.
As far as Saban goes, the only person that’s held him in check somewhat is Dabo.
Dabo has closed practices and isn’t a media darling either.

Like I said earlier, Pruitt will do his way and could care less what you or I think about it period.
I for one like the idea of keeping things close to the vest.

Exactly! If he Wins; Frankly My Dear I Don't Give A Damn ! The Media can be a Huge Distraction.

Reactions: Alto1 and onevol74
I find it interesting that with all of the beat reporters from print, web sites, radio stations that cover UT football on a daily basis, how little real information they get.
Of course, they get very limited access to practice.
But, you would think that some would have sources inside the program to come up with solid answers to questions like:
Will Trey Smith play and how much.
What really happened between UT and the NCAA in the Solomon transfer.
Who has grabbed hold of the #2 QB job.

I guess this is the way that Pruitt likes it.
That’s fine. Seems most coaches have gone toward a lockdown on info. But, it can be frustrating for junkies like us that are always jonesing to know more about our team.
Snitches get stitches

At the end of the day, this team is going to whip some ass. I say this because I was born in 1968!!!!!

You don’t know that.

Bottom line, it doesn’t matter what you or I think.

Pruitt will do it as he sees fit, period.
No offense, but as a citizen of Tennessee I wouldn't mind if the employee of the state that is making the most money from our tax dollars shares some program knowledge with the plebian hordes. The lockdown approach has always seemed slightly arrogant and out of touch to me. This isn't the mob.

No offense, but as a citizen of Tennessee I wouldn't mind if the employee of the state that is making the most money from our tax dollars shares some program knowledge with the plebian hordes. The lockdown approach has always seemed slightly arrogant and out of touch to me. This isn't the mob.

He does share “some”.

If you want more, file a FOIA request. Let me know how that works for ya.

Problem is that there are no definite answers to the questions.
Trey- Coaches do not know for sure if he will play much. Yes there is a plan in place however who knows if he will hold up.
Solomon - UT is taking a shot that is a less than 50% expected. We will know when they know. NCAA is not consistant.
Quarterback - No advantage for Coaches to reveal. Also want competition
Knowledge- Every fan wishes they could have that inside information. So do our opponents. Balance.
Employee of the State - give me a break. No one owes us anything. Money runs thru the state however salaries are paid by money from TV & donors. Our tax payer dollars are not going to salaries.

Reactions: Alto1

VN Store

Back