The Impeachment Thread

I think it is also important that we remember that part of the reason people are skeptical about the accuracy of the transcript and of the accounts being given by the administration is that they have demonstrably lied so many times before that people almost just expect it now, which is a sad state of affairs for the GOP.

They are constantly left scrambling to decipher Trump-speak and defend it, and they are constantly having to defend contradictory statements by the administration over the course of hours.

If you recall, on Sunday Trump sent out Pompeo and Mnuchin to the talk shows to say that the transcript would not be released because it would set a terrible precedent. GOPers were quick to agree.

48 hours later, Trump announced he was releasing it. Oh, crap, they had to turn about and say releasing it was good and would end this.

24 hours later it turns out it is not a transcript, its a summary.

And originally Trump said he held up the aid over corruption. Not a day later he said he held it up in protest to other countries not contirbuting enough. So it really should come as no surprise that no one, not even at this point GOPers, believe a single thing Trump says.
Certain people are skeptical because it doesn't say what they thought/wanted it to say, just like the Mueller report before it.

They'll keep on trying to make it say what they wanted it to say, see Adam Schiff, for example.

We knew there was absolutely nothing to this except for Biden's criminal acts. That is where this will lead. Get ready DIMs. It's coming. More Butthurt and More Pain for you guys. You might want to stock up on Xanax. :)
1569440408786.gif

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Certain people are skeptical because it doesn't say what they thought/wanted it to say, just like the Mueller report before it.

They'll keep on trying to make it say what they wanted it to say, see Adam Schiff, for example.

Trump's press secretary right out of the box insisting it was the biggest inauguration ever, followed by 10,000 incredibly unneccesary lies to soothe Trump's ego, is the kind of thing that over time time just wears on people and makes them assume that the truth is the opposite of whatever Trump says.

I actually find that to be a pretty good test of the truth -- just the opposite of what he says it is.

The "transcript" is not a transcript. Only in Trumpworld would people defend it as sufficient under these circumstances.

We need to know if there is a tape of the call. Sounds like there should be one. If there one time was, and now its gone, the people involved need to go to prison. For a very long time. That includes Trump, Rudy, or Barr if they had any role in its destruction or even just knew about it.
It was bleached. No problem there right?

Trump's press secretary right out of the box insisting it was the biggest inauguration ever, followed by 10,000 incredibly unneccesary lies to soothe Trump's ego, is the kind of thing that over time time just wears on people and makes them assume that the truth is the opposite of whatever Trump says.

I actually find that to be a pretty good test of the truth -- just the opposite of what he says it is.
Impeach him for that then? The stuff that they have been trying just hasn't panned out. . . yet. OMG what are the elipses hiding?

Reactions: AM64 and BigOrangeD

Because TDS gonna TDS

How people interpret this “transcript” is up to them but since I’m a “libetard” can some of you smart patriotic conservatives help me understand some things.

1. If someone did nothing wrong, why would they require people not to speak at a hearing?

2. If a call was no big deal, why do they not want the AG to speak?

3. Why would something be redacted if there is nothing to hide?

4. Of I give you money and then ask for a favor in return, what exactly is that called?

I appreciate all legit responses.

Reactions: tvolsfan
It's almost as if the democrats have forgotten who would be POTUS if they're successful in pushing Trump out of office. Pence is too theocratic for my taste, but he's way better than any of the clown parade the DNC is currently pushing.

Pence is understandably nowhere to be found right now. I imagine Trump is furious that he does not have his back on this.

VN Store

Back