The Iceman appreciation thread

He was best in the clutch & on the road
Never forget his freshman year against Bama; running out of the pocket, Casey was hit & his helmet flew off...he just kept scrambling, taken down by a gaggle of red & came out of the pile jumping & smiling. I was hooked. On the other hand, she didn't do well in bad weather (Cotton Bowl against Kansas St. on a frozen field).

tenor.gif

The only fault I had with Casey was showing up to the SEC Championship game with a Rose in his mouth, then the LSU backup QB debacle happened.
However, that loss gave me the best gift ever a Jan. 1st. Citrus Bowl beating of Michigan.
That TN team was loaded with talent as well.
Stallworth
Haynesworth
Henderson
Overstreet
Whitten
Weary (my fav all time O-lineman)
T. Stephens
Andre Lott
Ritzman

I didn’t realize how truly incredible he was until many years after he was gone. I took him for granted, but that was easier to do back in those days. You never worried too much about guys leaving for any reason. Future HoF QB graduates? No worries. Guy taking over is going to lead the team to a NC. These days, I would do things I’m not proud to admit to have the Ice Man back leading us. Truly an amazing QB, leader and Vol. One of the best we have ever had.

You know, he must have some seriously bad feelings for this place because ever since he graduated, I don't recall him EVER coming back here for any occasion. I could be wrong but I do find it strange that in 20 years he's never come back for a game or to speak or anything.

Reactions: yabbadabbado
The only fault I had with Casey was showing up to the SEC Championship game with a Rose in his mouth, then the LSU backup QB debacle happened.
However, that loss gave me the best gift ever a Jan. 1st. Citrus Bowl beating of Michigan.
That TN team was loaded with talent as well.
Stallworth
Haynesworth
Henderson
Overstreet
Whitten
Weary (my fav all time O-lineman)
T. Stephens
Andre Lott
Ritzman
While I agree thumping Michigan was fun, you need to get some better gifts .

VN Store

Back