The Iceman appreciation thread

Read at the time, when Coach Fulmer and Casey were in the hotel elevator before the Florida game, Casey said, “Don’t worry, Coach, we got your back.”

Believe Casey also played with a broken collarbone, don’t remember which games. He was a warrior like no other.

Love him, named my dog Casey.

Reactions: WiscVol
Best moment in Casey Clausen history.....playing Notre Dame in their house. Coach Davey said Casey Clausen wasn't Notre Dame material. He grew up dreaming of playing QB for them. The final Tennessee TD Clausen runs a naked bootleg to his right faking the hand off up the middle. Dives in for the TD. Goes to the sideline and while players are hitting him giving him props....he glares across the field at Davey with that epic "F&c# YOU" stare down. F'n classic. It is at the 2:10 mark on this:

You know, he must have some seriously bad feelings for this place because ever since he graduated, I don't recall him EVER coming back here for any occasion. I could be wrong but I do find it strange that in 20 years he's never come back for a game or to speak or anything.

Did you think maybe he'd come if he were ever invited? He lives and works in SoCal, not like he lives over in Clinton. I think he'd come for sure if someone made an effort. He coaches at a Catholic high school, it could only improve his odds of better players showing up at his door if someone were to make a big deal honoring one of his teams he QBed or even himself.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Best moment in Casey Clausen history.....playing Notre Dame in their house. Coach Davey said Casey Clausen wasn't Notre Dame material. He grew up dreaming of playing QB for them. The final Tennessee TD Clausen runs a naked bootleg to his right faking the hand off up the middle. Dives in for the TD. Goes to the sideline and while players are hitting him giving him props....he glares across the field at Davey with that epic "F&c# YOU" stare down. F'n classic. It is at the 2:10 mark on this:

Thanks for this. That was my one and only experience at a Notre Dame game in South Bend. Had a great time and their fans were great.
I didn't know that story about Davie and Clausen. Strange that he wouldn't offer him. He was the #2 ranked QB recruit in America when he came out of high school.

This man, I will never forget ! Short story ! Came up to Neyland with my MS. State buddies. Dessert Storm War going on ! Lee Greenwood out of nowhere and a eagle release during halftime. People from both schools literally crying in the moment. We dropped 66 points on the Bulldogs that day ! I had know idea that we would end of being a win away from beating an LSU team that we should have beatn easily for the SEC Champion, that cost us a spot in the NATIONAL CHAMPION GAME THAT YEAR !!! The latter was heartbreaking, but I never expected it ! The Ice Man and the game I experienced, is truly, an unbelievable moment ! Thank you CASEY !!!!

He was best in the clutch & on the road
Remember, 4th and 19, in Tuscaloosa, in overtime. He threads the needle with a frozen rope, for 26 yds!! First down, Big Orange!!
I still remember when a Bama LB hit him late, and knocked his helmet off. The Iceman jumped up and started shoving the LB. I liked him from then on.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

I’ve heard that story and also heard he pointed to the coaches box after scored. Bob Davey should’ve been more concerned about himself being Notre Dame material.

Crazy Legs Clausen in action!

Reactions: DERELICK_MY_VOLS

VN Store

Back