The Halfcourt Trap - SEC East Preview

Maze made a believer out of me. No one can expect him to have the unbelievable game he had last night every night, but if you did not see his potential in the game, you didn't watch or there is an agenda. This year from what I have seen in only one game, give me Maze over Liggins any day and anywhere. When Liggins is a Junior, he may have the poise and abilities of Maze. But this year, no way. He is a tremendous upgrade from last year. And those Cat fans who said they would rather have Miller than Hopson, well, they should drink the Jonestown Kool Aid rather than the blue Kool Aid they were drinking when the said that. Don't get me wrong, one game does not a season make. I am not ready to pronounce UT a final four team. There will be ups and downs with this young team. But there IS talent there and a lot of potential. Lets just hope they keep improving and grow into that potential.

Maze made a believer out of me. No one can expect him to have the unbelievable game he had last night every night, but if you did not see his potential in the game, you didn't watch or there is an agenda. This year from what I have seen in only one game, give me Maze over Liggins any day and anywhere. When Liggins is a Junior, he may have the poise and abilities of Maze. But this year, no way. He is a tremendous upgrade from last year. And those Cat fans who said they would rather have Miller than Hopson, well, they should drink the Jonestown Kool Aid rather than the blue Kool Aid they were drinking when the said that. Don't get me wrong, one game does not a season make. I am not ready to pronounce UT a final four team. There will be ups and downs with this young team. But there IS talent there and a lot of potential. Lets just hope they keep improving and grow into that potential.

Welcome to the nation :hi:

maze dosnt have to play as good as he did night in and night out. he knows how to play the point and is the true point guard that weve been lacking. he can hit the outside shot if left alone something ramar and jordan were completely incapable of doing. and he actualy knows how to distribute the ball and to who the bal should go. he probably could have easily had 15 assists if they wouldnt have called off the dogs. everyone who thought maze was an equal or lesser to ramar is crazy, i cant ever remeber a double double from ramar or jordan yet bobby gets one his first game. that has to be a sign of great things to come!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would trade Maze for Liggins right now.

I would trade Maze for Liggins right now.

I hope you are taking into consideration the seven turnovers,and many fewer assist that Liggins had in the game against VMI, an obvious stalwart defense team (insert laugh). If you want to make an argument about potential in the future, I wouldn't laugh. But right now? My belly aches!

12 points 10 ASSISTS AND 1 TURNOVER. i dont think ANYBODY on here could have asked for a better opening night from bobby maze. I'll be happy if he averages 6 ppg 7 ast and 2 t.o a game. Thatd be a huge improvement over ramar and jordans production last year. If maze is able to average double digits in points and close to 10 ast a game and keep the t.o's low theres no telling were this team could go. Maze holds the key as to if this is the team that beats the sweet 16 barrier.

YEAH BABY LETS GO. im so pumped up.

4th in the east hat? HA!
I'm glad we got it done, but even the biggest of homers have to admit that it was nip and tuck from 1-4 in the east until almost the very end. Debacles by UK and UF certainly helped (as did the fact that they both have huge gaping holes in their teams).

I'm glad we got it done, but even the biggest of homers have to admit that it was nip and tuck from 1-4 in the east until almost the very end. Debacles by UK and UF certainly helped (as did the fact that they both have huge gaping holes in their teams).

yeah i know i'm just kidding...1-4 could've really been anyone. But i'm pretty fired up that we got it done.

By the way, my bump was in no way an attack on Hat. I just was in the mood to say BOOM, Roasted. And this thread/blog was the first thing that came to mind.

lol my god my man, like what?

Oh right, georgia last. Amazing post.

Uh - how bout you read into the descriptions a bit more buddy. The only one he was really off on was Florida.

His evaluation was spot on 5/6 teams. But - yeah - he didn't match the numbers correctly - but doesn't take much insight to but 1-6 on teams.

He labeled USCjr as the potential surprise team of the East. Hmm - seems about right.

Said UK will struggle because of point guard issue. Check.

Said UT would struggle because of youth and no PG - check (yes we still finished #1 but only because Florida choked and UK had their own struggles).

Georgia - they suck. Check. Vandy too. Check.

So he just missed with Florida.

lol my god my man, like what?

Oh right, georgia last. Amazing post.
now remind everyone what you called?

oh, you can't since you have to wait for the KenPom stat train before you can even form the basis of an opinion. Maybe you have something that you did 15 games into the season?

Maybe you'll hook us up with some tales of offensive efficiency and defensive paint presence.

Uh - how bout you read into the descriptions a bit more buddy. The only one he was really off on was Florida.

His evaluation was spot on 5/6 teams. But - yeah - he didn't match the numbers correctly - but doesn't take much insight to but 1-6 on teams.

He labeled USCjr as the potential surprise team of the East. Hmm - seems about right.

Said UT would struggle because of youth and no PG - check (yes we still finished #1 but only because Florida choked and UK had their own struggles).

I'd like to see what Florida would have looked like with Elroy Vargas healthy.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You're back again? Since Hat is a fan of wrestling, we need to schedule an "everything goes" cage match between you two.

I never left, padre.

But hey sweet, wrestling, the high watermark of soap-operas.

Still though, really, 'good post regardless' seems super weird given that like nothing was right there but georgia.

missed with UF because Vargas never saw the floor. UF would have still struggled mightily because their D is just so pathetic, but they would have been a smidge better.

VN Store

Back