The Halfcourt Trap - SEC East Preview

A scenario that has JP Prince playing significant minutes at the point means Tennessee will be fighting Vanderbilt to stay out of fourth.

That's why I asked the question, I have read your thoughts about Prince before and, outside of maybe the Memphis game last year, I tend to agree. However, if you flip UT and UK if Tabb doesn't contribute, is there anyone else besides Prince to fill in?

That's why I asked the question, I have read your thoughts about Prince before and, outside of maybe the Memphis game last year, I tend to agree. However, if you flip UT and UK if Tabb doesn't contribute, is there anyone else besides Prince to fill in?
I'd play Brian Williams at the point before I put the ball in JP Prince's hands with any regularity.

The start to 06-07 was not too bad after we got out of NJ.
It was the buzzer-beating losses at Vandy and OSU that started the slump.

I still think we floor a better team than UK even without West.

We are.. Daniel West was my pick to be the starting pg by tourney time, but i think we are still ok with JP and Tabb playing about 10-12 minutes a game a pg and still way better than UK.. they only go 7 deep.. we still go 10 deep

Tyler
Chism
Hopson
Maze
Williams
Woolridge
Negedu
Prince
Tabb
Tatum

yea thats stil 10 deep..
UK has...

Patterson
Liggins
Meeks
Stevenson

thats about all of their significant contributers right there

We are.. Daniel West was my pick to be the starting pg by tourney time, but i think we are still ok with JP and Tabb playing about 10-12 minutes a game a pg and still way better than UK.. they only go 7 deep.. we still go 10 deep
If you think JP Prince being the primary ballhandler for 10 minutes per game is "OK", God have mercy on your soul.

If you think JP Prince being the primary ballhandler for 10 minutes per game is "OK", God have mercy on your soul.

Prin 5.. Tabb 5.. If Prince were our primary option at pg then i would be completely worried but i think 5-7 minutes a game with Prince in isnt too bad as long as he doesnt try to do too much, it'll be good to have a long lineup in there too sometimes with Prince, Hopson, Woolridge, Negedu and Chism

I heard on the radio 32 minutes a game for maze and the other 8 split between tabb and prince. Thats a awful lot for maze to be playing what do you think about that?

I heard on the radio 32 minutes a game for maze and the other 8 split between tabb and prince. Thats a awful lot for maze to be playing what do you think about that?

Maze can handle it, he'll hold up the throughout the season and tournament.. pg's like Maze can play 32 easily, he just needs to take care of his body.. He isnt just a run n gun like some think, he really plays under control and paces himself very well

But any pg can average 32+ throughout a season in college and maintain that energy in the post-season.. just ask Mateen Cleaves, Jaun Dixon (sg?), Mike Conley, and Taurean Greene, that pg from George Mason the year they made a run to the FF, Sean Singletary, Stephon Curry and Jason Richards

But any pg can average 32+ throughout a season in college and maintain that energy in the post-season.. just ask Mateen Cleaves, Jaun Dixon (sg?), Mike Conley, and Taurean Greene, that pg from George Mason the year they made a run to the FF, Sean Singletary, Stephon Curry and Jason Richards
All of whom are 500 times better than Bobby Maze. Juan Dixon could complete a triathalon, then walk from College Park, MD to Knoxville and still be a better player than a fresh Bobby Maze.

This is a new season.. a new Bobby.. he is not a freshman where he only started 5 games anymore
Yeah, like the "new" Tony Passley we were going to see. Or, for that matter, the "new" JP Prince we were going to see last year. You know, the one that could play point guard. Still waiting on his arrival.

Yeah, like the "new" Tony Passley we were going to see. Or, for that matter, the "new" JP Prince we were going to see last year. You know, the one that could play point guard. Still waiting on his arrival.

Yea, but i think the talent around Maze and Prince is enough to make up for average pg play, enough to still compete for the east.. I think with this roster we could put Jordan Howell at pg and still maybe only lose to louisville by 5

Yea, but i think the talent around Maze and Prince is enough to make up for average pg play, enough to still compete for the east.. I think with this roster we could put Jordan Howell at pg and still maybe only lose to louisville by 5
The point guard play isn't going to be average.

VN Store

Back