The Halfcourt Trap - SEC East Preview

An addendum: I finished this column before the news on Daniel West hit today. As a result, flip Tennessee and Kentucky.

those two teams will be very similar and are likely to split a home & home.
I hate qualifying predictions because it kind of defeats the purpose. However, if Tabb shows to be a competent backup, Tennessee probably stays ahead of UK.

I hate qualifying predictions because it kind of defeats the purpose. However, if Tabb shows to be a competent backup, Tennessee probably stays ahead of UK.

So a combo of Maze and Tabb at PG means 2nd in the East and a combo of Maze and Prince means 3rd?

So a combo of Maze and Tabb at PG means 2nd in the East and a combo of Maze and Prince means 3rd?
A scenario that has JP Prince playing significant minutes at the point means Tennessee will be fighting Vanderbilt to stay out of fourth.

Looks like the East will be pretty competitive. Will we see a repeat with 4 teams from the SEC East in the NCAA tourney?

Looks like the East will be pretty competitive. Will we see a repeat with 4 teams from the SEC East in the NCAA tourney?
Probably. I wouldn't be shocked to see South Carolina go into Selection Sunday on the bubble.

Whats wrong with maze's game that we'll only finish third in the east? I haven't seen any footage on him. Does he have tony harris syndrome and run blind into the middle of the lane and throw it into the crowd?

Last edited:
What wrong with maze's game that we'll only finish third in the east? I haven't seen any footage on him. Does he have tony harris syndrome and run blind into the middle of the lane and throw it into the crowd?
He's simply not good enough to be a championship team's only option at point guard.

Good stuff Hat. It will be interesting to see how much BG. can get out of Miller and Liggins, I think both of these guys are good. Should be a fun year in the SEC.

Good stuff Hat. It will be interesting to see how much BG. can get out of Miller and Liggins, I think both of these guys are good. Should be a fun year in the SEC.
Billy Clyde will get a bunch out of Miller. Liggins will be the X factor for the Cats.

VN Store

Back