The Grill and BBQ thread

Is boneless pork shoulder hard to find at grocery stores?

Also, what are some well known websites to purchase meat cuts from? Preferably not one that is expensive.

Is boneless pork shoulder hard to find at grocery stores?

Also, what are some well known websites to purchase meat cuts from? Preferably not one that is expensive.
Q. #1: Not at all. Look for Boston butt. Same thing, with weirdly confusing anatomical names.

Q. #1: Not at all. Look for Boston butt. Same thing, with weirdly confusing anatomical names.

I find Boston butt all of the time. Problem is all I find is bone-in. I’m looking for boneless. Pork/Boston butt, pork/picnic shoulder, etc. Kroger has $0.99/lb sale going on for Boston butt, but it’s bone-in.

Reactions: VolNExile
I find Boston butt all of the time. Problem is all I find is bone-in. I’m looking for boneless. Pork/Boston butt, pork/picnic shoulder, etc. Kroger has $0.99/lb sale going on for Boston butt, but it’s bone-in.
We get ours from Costco, which for us means driving out-of-state. But you’re right, the whole bone-in/ boneless bit complicated things.

Reactions: zhangliao04
Grill / smoke it right and the bone falls out!

Always a great feeling when that happens. Easy piece of meat to smoke, but still a great feeling pulling it apart and watching the bone slide out as if it wasn’t attached to anything.

However, I am specifically looking for boneless this time because of a recipe I’m wanting to try.

After that victory yesterday and the Vols stepping up their game we need to step our game up! I'm talkin': butts, briskets, carnitas, pulled chuckies, spatchcks, O.T.T. chili!

If the Vols are going to up their game...so should we!

Anybody have a good wing dry rub they like? I prefer a little kick but not the type that overpowers all other flavors.

Anybody have a good wing dry rub they like? I prefer a little kick but not the type that overpowers all other flavors.
Meat church Holy voodoo is great on pork and chicken. On Bologna and sometimes chicken, slap ya mama. I usually play around with different mixes on the same piece of meat, but both of those are really good places to start.

Meat church Holy voodoo is great on pork and chicken. On Bologna and sometimes chicken, slap ya mama. I usually play around with different mixes on the same piece of meat, but both of those are really good places to start.
Holy voodoo is one of the meat church runs I haven’t tried yet, sounds like a good excuse.

Reactions: berryvol
Fire seasoning is my usual go to. Their runs used to be more available here locally then harder to find, but haven’t looked in a little while.
Have you checked in the restaurant? I haven't in a long time. When I go there, I'm usually not cooking, LOL

One of the best dry wings I've had we picked up at 17th Street Market after a home game. They were smoked. Then finished off in the fyer after you order. Then coated with yellow curry powder. We've fixed at home like that several times now.

Reactions: SDV

VN Store

Back