The Grill and BBQ thread

zhangliao04

Q. #1: Not at all. Look for Boston butt. Same thing, with weirdly confusing anatomical names.
I find Boston butt all of the time. Problem is all I find is bone-in. I’m looking for boneless. Pork/Boston butt, pork/picnic shoulder, etc. Kroger has $0.99/lb sale going on for Boston butt, but it’s bone-in.

VolNExile

Unencumbered by the thought process
I find Boston butt all of the time. Problem is all I find is bone-in. I’m looking for boneless. Pork/Boston butt, pork/picnic shoulder, etc. Kroger has $0.99/lb sale going on for Boston butt, but it’s bone-in.
We get ours from Costco, which for us means driving out-of-state. But you’re right, the whole bone-in/ boneless bit complicated things.

zhangliao04

Grill / smoke it right and the bone falls out!
Always a great feeling when that happens. Easy piece of meat to smoke, but still a great feeling pulling it apart and watching the bone slide out as if it wasn’t attached to anything.

However, I am specifically looking for boneless this time because of a recipe I’m wanting to try.

berryvol

Anybody have a good wing dry rub they like? I prefer a little kick but not the type that overpowers all other flavors.
Meat church Holy voodoo is great on pork and chicken. On Bologna and sometimes chicken, slap ya mama. I usually play around with different mixes on the same piece of meat, but both of those are really good places to start.

ndubvols

Meat church Holy voodoo is great on pork and chicken. On Bologna and sometimes chicken, slap ya mama. I usually play around with different mixes on the same piece of meat, but both of those are really good places to start.
Holy voodoo is one of the meat church runs I haven’t tried yet, sounds like a good excuse.

GVF

Absolut Orange
Anybody have a good wing dry rub they like? I prefer a little kick but not the type that overpowers all other flavors.
One of the best dry wings I've had we picked up at 17th Street Market after a home game. They were smoked. Then finished off in the fyer after you order. Then coated with yellow curry powder. We've fixed at home like that several times now.

VN Store