The Golf Thread

I used to know a guy that actually went to golf courses and cut deals with the pros to put on scuba gear and dive in the lakes for balls.

Struggled early, finished strong yesterday. I seem to fight taking it back inside and coming over the top to correct every year. Started with three straight up shanks on the front with short irons and turned at 51. Worked it out on the back and shot a hard luck 42 that really should have been better, so I guess there is some hope for this weekend.

President's Reserve is a nice course, but I wouldn't call it a destination. One quirk I hadn't seen before: the tee shot from the back tees on 18 is 20 yards shorter and much easier than the tee shot from the forward tees. There is a forced carry, so I guess it is to make sure the old men can get it over the water, but it is still very odd.

President's Course Tour

I've played the reserve a lot. If you play 4 rounds, you get one free and the cost per round is less than $40. Great course for that price. Playing for first time in a month tomorrow.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hey I'm headed to Myrtle in July I have played a lot of the courses. Just curious what some of your guys favorite courses are there. Maybe give me some ideas for different courses to play.

Hey I'm headed to Myrtle in July I have played a lot of the courses. Just curious what some of your guys favorite courses are there. Maybe give me some ideas for different courses to play.

Blackmoor.

Heather Glenn, 27 holes, Play them all. Caladonia, about as close to Augusta as you can get.

Heather Glenn, 27 holes, Play them all. Caladonia, about as close to Augusta as you can get.

I played Caladonia last summer and even tho it rained on us the whole time it was such an incredible course. And is heather glenn in north MB.

Stunk it up in the 2-man today. Partner sucked on the front, I sucked on the back. Carded a lucky 77. Yuck.

Played a scramble yesterday in Savannah. The course had a road course race track adjacent to it that actually wrapped around the driving range and they were testing Ferraris. It took some getting used to hearing the intermittent roar of a Ferrari at random times.

Good tee time when it's so freakin hot

it's back to cold up here..it's really unbelievable weather..

last Tuesday it was 95...

Took Wed, Thur and Fri off to take the kids to Wisconsin Dells, and a water park..
Wed was the only day it was warm enough to get in the outdoor water parks, about 70...Thur and Friday the high was 58, and windy...Only the indoor pools and amusement parks those 2 days..

this morning it was 51 when I go to leave so I wear pants and a wind shirt...the other 3, are in shorts and golf shirts and giving me crap on the first tee.

but after 3 holes , the wind picked up and they froze the rest of the round..

It's decepetive, beacuse the sun is out, and it looks like it should be warm, but the wind chill is knocking about 10-15 degrees off the temp..

Yeah some guys that are members at the course I work at played in it. I havent heard how they did though.

-13 was leading after day 1, and I think it was somebody from Springfield. There were a handful of teams around -10.

I bogeyed 1 today, then my playing partner showed up. We bogeyed 2, then parred 3 before his wife arrived with his clubs on the 4th tee box. I'm thinking there is something not right about that.

VN Store

Back