The Golf Thread

I can't even imagine what I'd have to do to get close to those numbers
Us OLD guys were taught as kids to "Hit the fairway" and not worry about distance.

Today.......I teach kids to hit the sucker as hard as you can..............then you can learn how to hit it straight.
My 275 can't cut it any more:mad:

Reactions: Rishvol
Us OLD guys were taught as kids to "Hit the fairway" and not worry about distance.

Today.......I teach kids to hit the sucker as hard as you can..............then you can learn how to hit it straight.
Yep… It amazes me to think about all the places where I used to hit irons off the tee. Now, it’s Driver everywhere. Technology and the lack of spin has made Driver as easy to control as any other club.

Reactions: peaygolf

My 275 is fine since I only play 6 or 7 times a year

Yep… It amazes me to think about all the places where I used to hit irons off the tee. Now, it’s Driver everywhere. Technology and the lack of spin has made Driver as easy to control as any other club.
Very few can "work" a golf ball anymore.
I think back in amazement that I could ever break 70 with Persimmon Woods and Balata golf balls.:eek:

Very few can "work" a golf ball anymore.
I think back in amazement that I could ever break 70 with Persimmon Woods and Balata golf balls.:eek:
Bubba Watson is one of the few who can. I’ll never forget that shot he hit at the 2012 masters hooking a wedge 40+ yards around a tree.

Friend of mine is playing in the Pro - Am there this week…..
I had an ugly middle of the round but I hit it within 1 inch at 16 and 2 feet at 18 for kick in birdies to shoot 75- which there’s no way I’m complaining about. All the bleachers are up for the tournament next week and when I stuffed the approach at 18, there were about 20 people just randomly sitting in the bleachers that erupted. Definitely in my top 5 golf moments ever.

I had an ugly middle of the round but I hit it within 1 inch at 16 and 2 feet at 18 for kick in birdies to shoot 75- which there’s no way I’m complaining about. All the bleachers are up for the tournament next week and when I stuffed the approach at 18, there were about 20 people just randomly sitting in the bleachers that erupted. Definitely in my top 5 golf moments ever.
That’s awesome and will be a forever memory!
Happy for ya!

Reactions: volfanbill
Sweet!!!!

I'm serious about getting a few of us on VN to play somewhere this fall before a UT game............I think it would be a fun day!
I'd love to if schedules ever work out. Haven't been to Knoxville very many times in the past 2-3 years though.

VN Store

Back