The Fishing Thread

Every time I've gotten finned by a catfish it immediately makes me feel sick to my stomach. Must be that bacteria... :ermm:

Every time I've gotten finned by a catfish it immediately makes me feel sick to my stomach. Must be that bacteria... :ermm:

:question: Might not be true I just heard an old fart say it. I can't find anything about it in writing

I doubt that's true. I don't see why there would be any different bacteria on the feeders as there are on the big ones.

I doubt that's true. I don't see why there would be any different bacteria on the feeders as there are on the big ones.

I've always doubted it but he insists it's true. Never really thought twice about it when I hooked one, to be honest

Hubby went fishing and caught 18 bass this morning. I didn't get to go cause I'm in Mexico. But he threw with my reel and said I needed a new one. And he bought me a new reel today! I love that man!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I grew up close to the OBX, and my dad and I would drive out there to fish off the pier all night and just take turns sleeping in sleeping bags. We'd bring home what we caught for dinner the next night. It was so much fun for me as a little kid. We also went deep sea fishing quite a bit.
Now I'm a Tennessean, and my wife and I vacation every year down near Destin. I just got back, and have decided that I really want to learn to surf fish. I've seen it done, but never tried it. Does anyone fish from the beach? I assume there's plenty to catch first thing in the morning. Any tips?

I grew up close to the OBX, and my dad and I would drive out there to fish off the pier all night and just take turns sleeping in sleeping bags. We'd bring home what we caught for dinner the next night. It was so much fun for me as a little kid. We also went deep sea fishing quite a bit.
Now I'm a Tennessean, and my wife and I vacation every year down near Destin. I just got back, and have decided that I really want to learn to surf fish. I've seen it done, but never tried it. Does anyone fish from the beach? I assume there's plenty to catch first thing in the morning. Any tips?

Fish the incoming tide is rule 1. Most time spent with low or outgoing water is wasted time.

I strongly suggest getting yourself some good quality raingear that you can move around well and cast in, as well as comfortable mud boots, Although down there these probably arent as critical, in the northeast you freeze your tail off at night if you're soaked, and you usually get soaked.

Ask lots of questions of locals, they are just about always willing to point you in the right direction.

I haven't had much time to go this year.

I love to fish for crappie, bass, sauger and catfish.

Pretty much I am on the water as much as possible before and after turkey season.

This is now the biggest bass I've ever caught

9 lbs 11 ounces

Caught it yesterday on a rattle trap

10 lb bass.jpg

Anyone know of any campgrounds near water where you can eat the fish without getting poisoned? We have some friends who want to go camping but still want the conveniences like electricity.

VN Store

Back