The Fishing Thread

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
Hubby went fishing and caught 18 bass this morning. I didn't get to go cause I'm in Mexico. But he threw with my reel and said I needed a new one. And he bought me a new reel today! I love that man!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Panthro

I grew up close to the OBX, and my dad and I would drive out there to fish off the pier all night and just take turns sleeping in sleeping bags. We'd bring home what we caught for dinner the next night. It was so much fun for me as a little kid. We also went deep sea fishing quite a bit.
Now I'm a Tennessean, and my wife and I vacation every year down near Destin. I just got back, and have decided that I really want to learn to surf fish. I've seen it done, but never tried it. Does anyone fish from the beach? I assume there's plenty to catch first thing in the morning. Any tips?

JTrainDavis

I grew up close to the OBX, and my dad and I would drive out there to fish off the pier all night and just take turns sleeping in sleeping bags. We'd bring home what we caught for dinner the next night. It was so much fun for me as a little kid. We also went deep sea fishing quite a bit.
Now I'm a Tennessean, and my wife and I vacation every year down near Destin. I just got back, and have decided that I really want to learn to surf fish. I've seen it done, but never tried it. Does anyone fish from the beach? I assume there's plenty to catch first thing in the morning. Any tips?
Fish the incoming tide is rule 1. Most time spent with low or outgoing water is wasted time.

I strongly suggest getting yourself some good quality raingear that you can move around well and cast in, as well as comfortable mud boots, Although down there these probably arent as critical, in the northeast you freeze your tail off at night if you're soaked, and you usually get soaked.

Ask lots of questions of locals, they are just about always willing to point you in the right direction.

justingroves

13-14 in handshakes
I haven't had much time to go this year.

I love to fish for crappie, bass, sauger and catfish.

Pretty much I am on the water as much as possible before and after turkey season.

bamacheats

YKW = Basilio's Bish
Anyone know of any campgrounds near water where you can eat the fish without getting poisoned? We have some friends who want to go camping but still want the conveniences like electricity.

VN Store