The Cocktail Thread

If y'all MUST use pga, has anyone made their own limoncello/orangecello before?

Let about 15 oranges/20 lemons' worth of peel sit in 2 750 bottles' worth of pga in an old plive jar for about 3 weeks, shaking intermittently, strain into empty jars or bottles with equal amounts simple syrup. Leave in freezer for a day, shaking intermittently.

So good.

Nerds. Don't let her die.

Sipping a 1776 Rye Manhattan with orange bitters. Chu drankin?

The aforementioned vodka, lime, and club soda.

Creature of habit.

Although, I would love to try some of the concoctions you have posited in this thread. Problem is, I've never heard of most of your ingredients. I need to expand my alcohol education. Any recommended reading, Dink?

If you enjoy sipping Tequila, I highly recommend these.

33749157651_de88b2fbb4_h.jpg

The aforementioned vodka, lime, and club soda.

Creature of habit.

Although, I would love to try some of the concoctions you have posited in this thread. Problem is, I've never heard of most of your ingredients. I need to expand my alcohol education. Any recommended reading, Dink?

Dale DeGroff's "Craft of the Cocktail" can be credited with bringing the revival back into the mainstream.

"Bitters" by Brad Parsons is excellent. I've had the pleasure of meeting him and talking about approaches and recipes over the phone.

All the components can generally be found at a liquor store and the tools are easy to acquire on amazon.

Gin, ginger liqueur, lemon, orange bitters, lemon bitters, muddled mint and ginger, garnished with them as well alomg with cinnamon.

Reverse dry shake with egg white, viola.

Attachments

• IMG_20170829_115501_663.jpg
    IMG_20170829_115501_663.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
Bringin' it back. I know bham and a few of y'all mess with gin.

Anyone in here secure enough in their masculinity to enjoy an Aviation? I just made one from my host's home bar but riffed on it. We're in ATL and about to head to 18.21 Bitters Bar so I threw a few dashes of lavender and grapefruit bitters on it, halved the Violette and doubled up on the maraschino liqeuer. It's one of my favorites I've sipped in a while hence the necro.

Reactions: 1 person
Also, did these last week for a Brandy and garnish demo:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1525450800493.jpg
    FB_IMG_1525450800493.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 172
  • FB_IMG_1525450793844.jpg
    FB_IMG_1525450793844.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 2 people

Let about 15 oranges/20 lemons' worth of peel sit in 2 750 bottles' worth of pga in an old plive jar for about 3 weeks, shaking intermittently, strain into empty jars or bottles with equal amounts simple syrup. Leave in freezer for a day, shaking intermittently.

So good.

Made my own bitters. Turned out pretty well, I think.

Anybody have favorite "grog" recipe?

I think it's basically limeade and rum, and I hear Pusser's is closest to the British navy rum.

Thots?

Anyone in here scared of egg white in their drink?

Attachments

• IMG_20180508_163736_350.jpg
    IMG_20180508_163736_350.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 0

So good.

Ms Danl has made limoncello and orangecello for years. Great aperitif. She made a batch of tangelocello, but I didn't care for that.

VN Store

Back