The Cocktail Thread

DinkinFlicka

Erect Member
Don't let me catch none of y'all shaking gin unless there's some citrus in that shaker as well.

If you want to go with a proportion as intense as 7-1, why not just do a vermouth rinse on the glass?

golfballs

Austere VN Scholar
Don't let me catch none of y'all shaking gin unless there's some citrus in that shaker as well.

If you want to go with a proportion as intense as 7-1, why not just do a vermouth rinse on the glass?
That’s what I do w a little left in the bottom.

I’m not a shaker but they’re drinking straight gin so shaking it gives them some ice chips that melt and help to dilute it just a bit

DinkinFlicka

Erect Member
That’s what I do w a little left in the bottom.

I’m not a shaker but they’re drinking straight gin so shaking it gives them some ice chips that melt and help to dilute it just a bit
It bruises the botanicals harshly and tarnishes the overall flavor of the gin.

I don't even want to think of what my Old Tom martinis would taste lime if they were shaken.

DinkinFlicka

Erect Member
Bham, you could take that gin and do one of my French 75 riffs with it.

Just replace the lemon with blood orange, the simple syrup with basil infused syrup (you make it yourself but I've found a million ways to use it in the kitchen), and add just a quarter ounce of St. Germain. Shake and top it off with your choice of effervescent wine. For this, I add sparkling Rosé for the ladies.

Coug

I'm a vodka martini fan. Gin is not my first choice as it's such a strong flavor. Bombay Sapphire is one of the easier ones to drink. If there is even a lighter/sweeter one then I'm game.

DinkinFlicka

Erect Member
Check your local stores for 1812 Bitters. They do all sprts of fusion flavors. They're Atlanta based and my buddy is a sales rep so I get freebies all the time and they've become a staple in my home bar.

gcbvol

What the hell is water?
Check your local stores for 1812 Bitters. They do all sprts of fusion flavors. They're Atlanta based and my buddy is a sales rep so I get freebies all the time and they've become a staple in my home bar.
Thanks. 1812 or 18.21? I was just looking at the tart cherry and saffron bitters from 18.21, which appears to be Atlanta-based.

VN Store

Sponsors