The Cleveland Browns incompetence is mind blowing

And? He's a rookie. His strengths right now are running the ball. But I've seen enough of his college tape to know he has the talent to be a good passer. Will he ever be elite passing the ball? No. But he doesn't need to be to be successful for a really long time.

Once again, stop focusing on what he can't do right now and instead look at what he can do. He just went 6-1 down the stretch with the Ravens and got them into the playoffs.

You're hilarious. Here's your post starting the whole thread.

I'm amazed by the Cleveland Browns ability to screw up what should have been a layup of an NFL Draft. They had the 1st overall pick and the 4th overall pick in arguably the most talented draft class of the last 30 years.

Instead the Browns drafted what are essentially the next Johnny Manziel and the next Justin Gilbert #1 and #4 overall. As you know from my prospects rankings, I didn't think either Baker Mayfield or Denzel Ward were worthy of being selected in the entire 1st round at all. Let alone in the top 5 picks. The fact these two mediocre players went ahead of surefire NFL studs like Saquon Barkley, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Lamar Jackson, Derwin James, Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport, and Leighton Vander Esch will look mind bogglingly stupid in a few years.

I can't believe how incompetent the Cleveland Browns are. They might be the most poorly run organization in professional sports history.

Mayfield vs Manziel. You have any idea how stupid that comparison looks now? This is something you do with such "sun rising in the East and sets in the West" regularity it should be a consideration for working into BW's new avatar for you. You absolutely, positively DO NOT get to undo reality. Mayfield just set the record for TD's by a rookie and led his team to more wins than they've had in a decade. Nothing about your opinion "unhappens" that fact.

You do know Denzel Ward made the Pro Bowl, right? "Two mediocre players" huh?

You do know that Nick Chubb, while having no more than 3 carries in any of the first 7 games of the season, finished #3 in rushing among all rookies and did so at over 5ypc?

Not only did the Browns have arguably the most successful rookie draft of the entire league they straight up chumped you in the process. And before you even try "just wait" isn't a defense against vetted reality. It simply flat out isn't.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Sounds EXACTLY like Baltimore.

No because Lamar is the key to Baltimore's run game. Ravens don't have a RB like Zeke. Nor do they have an o-line like the Cowboys. Just look up their rushing stats with Joe Flacco. They were not that good running the ball. What happened when Lamar took over is that teams have to fear Lamar keep the ball and running it. Thus, they have to assign a defender on him which they don't have to do with other QBs. That is why the Ravens run game has become so dominant.

Dak is not the key to the Cowboys run game. Nobody is scared of him keeping the ball and running with it. Its the Cowboys o-line and Zeke's incredible ability that is the key to the Cowboys run game. Take Dak off that team and they would still run affectively.

Mayfield vs Manziel. You have any idea how stupid that comparison looks now? This is something you do with such "sun rising in the East and sets in the West" regularity it should be a consideration for working into BW's new avatar for you. You absolutely, positively DO NOT get to undo reality. Mayfield just set the record for TD's by a rookie and led his team to more wins than they've had in a decade. Nothing about your opinion "unhappens" that fact.

You do know that Nick Chubb, while having no more than 3 carries in any of the first 7 games of the season, finished #3 in rushing among all rookies and did so at over 5ypc?

Not only did the Browns have arguably the most successful rookie draft of the entire league they straight up chumped you in the process. And before you even try "just wait" isn't a defense against vetted reality. It simply flat out isn't.

I'll admit Denzel Ward is better than I thought. Though he looks to have issues with durability, he does have the talent to be a very good CB. But Baker Mayfield is not a great player. He might be better than Manziel, but that ain't saying much.

Once again keep getting excited over one season. The NFL is about SUSTAINED SUCCESS. Talk to me in 2-3 years.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I'll admit Denzel Ward is better than I thought. Though he looks to have issues with durability, he does have the talent to be a very good CB. But Baker Mayfield is not a great player. He might be better than Manziel, but that ain't saying much.

Once again keep getting excited over one season. The NFL is about SUSTAINED SUCCESS. Talk to me in 2-3 years.

I have to ask; is there some sort of brain damage you sustained that prevents you from understanding "sustained success" is an irrelevant metric in judging a rookie? Literally, you bringing it up at all in discussing rookies reeks of WTF?.

Doubling down on your apparent need of a cat scan or psychiatric help; are you even remotely aware of how many times you've cited how good someone is (in your view at least) on small sample sizes, up to and including before ever taking a snap? You call out HOF predictions under those circumstances FFS.

And I (or anyone) need not be "excited" about anything. Mayfield balled out his rookie year. There is literally (no really, seriously, I'm not kidding) no other factual observation that can be made. Nothing, NOTHING posited about what may or may not happen in the future mitigates that fact in any way whatsoever.

He's 100% a fluke. Similar to Dak Prescott's rookie year.

Browns have a lot of talent overall and should be good next year. But they won't fufill their potential cause Mayfield will hold them back.

But please go ahead and go nuts over a decent rookie season. Its not like we haven't seen guys fall off after good rookie seasons time after time.
The Browns OL, Greg Robinson included, gets pushed around in way too many games. One thing's for sure, you're an expert .. and messing up QB predictions. Mayfield is accurate, smart in directing protections, has wheels (I was calling him a future Fran Tarkenton for months now) and just competes at a VERY high level.

Your turn! Tell us in detail why you think he is a fluke? Or are you going to give us another eval with nothing of substance?

Go ahead and be impressed by one season. Sports is about SUSTAINED GREATNESS. Anyone can be good for one season. Look at all the guys we've seen flop after pretty good rookie seasons.

I'm sticking by my pre-draft evaluation. There is nothing special about this Baker Mayfield guy. Just like there is nothing special about Dak Prescott. Both had great rookie seasons. Dak has since then regressed to an average NFL QB. I expect Baker Mayfield to similarly regress and be a below average NFL QB.

Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, and Josh Rosen will all be better QBs than him going forward.

Lamar can throw. He might not be a great passer, but he's good enough. And should keep improving. However, you can't deny the affect he's had on the Ravens. They went 6-1 down the stretch with him for a reason. Its because his abilities as a runner make the team very hard to defend. He basically turned the Ravens into a running juggernaut by himself.

Hypocrisy on display here .. D4H never really evaluates QBs on anything that matters soooooo

This is talent evaluation. I'm telling you based on what I've seen I'm not seeing anything special.

Josh Allen has blown me away with his abilities. Lamar has similarly impressed me. Sam Darnold in the last few weeks started to look real good. I've yet to be impressed by Josh Rosen but I really liked his college tape and the team around him was not that good this year so its unfair to judge him off this season.

Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson = SUPERSTARS
Sam Darnold & Josh Rosen = solid franchise QBs
Baker Mayfield = below average starting NFL QB

There has been ZERO evaluation done because you can't give any of these something with substance. Your evals are this .. if they kid can run he must be a future stud at QB but there are FAR more running QBs that have done nothing in the NFL than those who have. Josh Allen isn't a very good passer AT ALL and neither he or Jackson can make make throws in tight windows. They run well sure, but going forward whenever you are faced with a critical 3rd and medium teams will know where to be and how to play it. This isn't college anymore and you can't forever out athlete these guys. So again, other than crap like "what I saw on tape (youtube highlights)" or "he blew me away" show us an eval with some substance.

Lol....Mayfield has accomplished far more in one season than Manziel's entire NFL run; granted that alone isn't that impressive considering Manziel's career was garbage. But nobody thought at the end of Manziel's first year that he was the future and Mayfield is breaking records and has the franchise excited with real potential, something that they haven't been able to say for a long time.

I'm amazed by the Cleveland Browns ability to screw up what should have been a layup of an NFL Draft. They had the 1st overall pick and the 4th overall pick in arguably the most talented draft class of the last 30 years. There were franchise QBs galore to choose from and future All-Pro defensive players all over the place. They had a golden chance with 2 picks in the top 5 to build a dynasty of the future. If they had drafted Saquon Barkley and Josh Allen, for example, I was ready to call them the Philadelphia 76ers of the NFL. That dominant NFL team of the future.

Instead the Browns drafted what are essentially the next Johnny Manziel and the next Justin Gilbert #1 and #4 overall. As you know from my prospects rankings, I didn't think either Baker Mayfield or Denzel Ward were worthy of being selected in the entire 1st round at all. Let alone in the top 5 picks. The fact these two mediocre players went ahead of surefire NFL studs like Saquon Barkley, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Lamar Jackson, Derwin James, Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport, and Leighton Vander Esch will look mind bogglingly stupid in a few years.

I can't believe how incompetent the Cleveland Browns are. They might be the most poorly run organization in professional sports history.
Good call...

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman

VN Store

Back