The Cleveland Browns incompetence is mind blowing

Just checking in, I haven't been in here in months and I skipped all the pages. Is D4H trying to act like Mayfield is a fluke or that he somehow was using reverse psychology to help him succeed by saying he sucked? You know, like that time he disowned Josh Dobbs and said he was trash and then lied about it. I know it has to be one of the two. TIA.

He's 100% a fluke. Similar to Dak Prescott's rookie year.

Browns have a lot of talent overall and should be good next year. But they won't fufill their potential cause Mayfield will hold them back.

But please go ahead and go nuts over a decent rookie season. Its not like we haven't seen guys fall off after good rookie seasons time after time.

He's 100% a fluke. Similar to Dak Prescott's rookie year.

Browns have a lot of talent overall and should be good next year. But they won't fufill their potential cause Mayfield will hold them back.

But please go ahead and go nuts over a decent rookie season. Its not like we haven't seen guys fall off after good rookie seasons time after time.

You mean go nuts over a rookie season like you are over Mahomes first season as a starter

Reactions: KBVol
You mean go nuts over a rookie season like you are over Mahomes first season as a starter

When it's a player he's "predicted" will be great, then a great rookie season is obvious proof he was right (i.e. Mahomes, Kamara).

When it's a player he's said will be a bust, then a great rookie season means nothing.....and neither is the follow up couple of years and they'll still be a bust (Bosa, Goff, Watson, etc.). Also if a player he "predicted" will be great doesn't do jack squat for the first couple of years, it means nothing (Dobbs, Kaaya, Allen, etc.), but if he predicted a player would be a bust and they have a bad first couple of years, it's proof he was right.

The tl;dr version : he pumps players that "prove" him right, and ignores/explains away players that prove him wrong.

I'm amazed by the Cleveland Browns ability to screw up what should have been a layup of an NFL Draft. They had the 1st overall pick and the 4th overall pick in arguably the most talented draft class of the last 30 years. There were franchise QBs galore to choose from and future All-Pro defensive players all over the place. They had a golden chance with 2 picks in the top 5 to build a dynasty of the future. If they had drafted Saquon Barkley and Josh Allen, for example, I was ready to call them the Philadelphia 76ers of the NFL. That dominant NFL team of the future.

Instead the Browns drafted what are essentially the next Johnny Manziel and the next Justin Gilbert #1 and #4 overall. As you know from my prospects rankings, I didn't think either Baker Mayfield or Denzel Ward were worthy of being selected in the entire 1st round at all. Let alone in the top 5 picks. The fact these two mediocre players went ahead of surefire NFL studs like Saquon Barkley, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Lamar Jackson, Derwin James, Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport, and Leighton Vander Esch will look mind bogglingly stupid in a few years.

I can't believe how incompetent the Cleveland Browns are. They might be the most poorly run organization in professional sports history.

Bump

With Mayfield at QB, they’re trying for their 8th win today after going 0-16 last year.

Also, unlike Josh Allen, who has been borderline awful this year, Mayfield just tied the all-time QB TD passes record for a rookie, despite not starting the first 3 games this year.

You can really call em kid. Lol.

Edit: Mayfield now owns the Rookie TD passes record by himself with 3rd td pass today, breaking tie with Manning and Russell. Yeah, but the Browns made an awful pick, just rookie luck....right D4H? Lol.

Oh yeah, and did I mention he has 341 yards and 3 tds on the road vs Baltimore, who has the nfl’s #1 defense?

Last edited:
Reactions: vols_fan_68
Bump

With Mayfield at QB, they’re trying for their 8th win today after going 0-16 last year.

Also, unlike Josh Allen, who has been borderline awful this year, Mayfield just tied the all-time QB TD passes record for a rookie, despite not starting the first 3 games this year.

You can really call em kid. Lol.

Edit: Mayfield now owns the Rookie TD passes record by himself with 3rd td pass today, breaking tie with Manning and Russell. Yeah, but the Browns made an awful pick, just rookie luck....right D4H? Lol.

Oh yeah, and did I mention he has 341 yards and 3 tds on the road vs Baltimore, who has the nfl’s #1 defense?

This is 2016 Dak Prescott all over again.

Remember when people wanted to give him a gold jacket after one season?

This is the best of Mayfield we'll ever see. He'll be figured out this off-season like most 1st year QB sensations.

Mahomes actually has insane physical talent. Like Lamar Jackson. Like Josh Allen.

Mayfield doesn't. Just like Dak doesn't. Mayfield will be figured out this off-season like Dak was after his rookie season.

Mahomes actually has insane physical talent. Like Lamar Jackson. Like Josh Allen.

Mayfield doesn't. Just like Dak doesn't. Mayfield will be figured out this off-season like Dak was after his rookie season.
Lamar Jackson can't throw the ball, that's why they ran the option on a must have 3rd & 5 yesterday and they didn't get it.

This is 2016 Dak Prescott all over again.

Remember when people wanted to give him a gold jacket after one season?

This is the best of Mayfield we'll ever see. He'll be figured out this off-season like most 1st year QB sensations.

This is a classic D4H garbage take. First cite a player he dissed, then was all high on, now throws shade at, and all being someone that to punk his original prediction about is to be better than Kevin Hogan. (which of course he's still doing in spades)

Then he brings up the oft used, and catastrophically useless, appeal to the transitive property. Finally, for who the hell knows how many times it is now, he kicks the whole can down the road like the city of Cleveland isn't thrilled with having the new #1 TD throwing rookie in NFL history and has won more games this season than they have in the last 3 seasons combined and as many as they've managed in a season since 2007.

Reactions: vols_fan_68
Lamar Jackson can't throw the ball, that's why they ran the option on a must have 3rd & 5 yesterday and they didn't get it.

Lamar can throw. He might not be a great passer, but he's good enough. And should keep improving. However, you can't deny the affect he's had on the Ravens. They went 6-1 down the stretch with him for a reason. Its because his abilities as a runner make the team very hard to defend. He basically turned the Ravens into a running juggernaut by himself.

And he's not even scratching the surface of his potential. Lamar has the potential to be an unstoppable force in this league.

Reactions: 508mikey
Lamar can throw. He might not be a great passer, but he's good enough. And should keep improving. However, you can't deny the affect he's had on the Ravens. They went 6-1 down the stretch with him for a reason. Its because his abilities as a runner make the team very hard to defend. He basically turned the Ravens into a running juggernaut by himself.

And he's not even scratching the surface of his potential. Lamar has the potential to be an unstoppable force in this league.
He can run, but when they absolutely needed to throw for 5 yards with the season on the line, they ran the option because they don't trust his arm.

This is a classic D4H garbage take. First cite a player he dissed, then was all high on, now throws shade at, and all being someone that to punk his original prediction about is to be better than Kevin Hogan. (which of course he's still doing in spades)

Then he brings up the oft used, and catastrophically useless, appeal to the transitive property. Finally, for who the hell knows how many times it is now, he kicks the whole can down the road like the city of Cleveland isn't thrilled with having the new #1 TD throwing rookie in NFL history and has won more games this season than they have in the last 3 seasons combined and as many as they've managed in a season since 2007.

Go ahead and be impressed by one season. Sports is about SUSTAINED GREATNESS. Anyone can be good for one season. Look at all the guys we've seen flop after pretty good rookie seasons.

I'm sticking by my pre-draft evaluation. There is nothing special about this Baker Mayfield guy. Just like there is nothing special about Dak Prescott. Both had great rookie seasons. Dak has since then regressed to an average NFL QB. I expect Baker Mayfield to similarly regress and be a below average NFL QB.

Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, and Josh Rosen will all be better QBs than him going forward.

He can run, but when they absolutely needed to throw for 5 yards with the season on the line, they ran the option because they don't trust his arm.

And? He's a rookie. His strengths right now are running the ball. But I've seen enough of his college tape to know he has the talent to be a good passer. Will he ever be elite passing the ball? No. But he doesn't need to be to be successful for a really long time.

Once again, stop focusing on what he can't do right now and instead look at what he can do. He just went 6-1 down the stretch with the Ravens and got them into the playoffs.

Go ahead and be impressed by one season. Sports is about SUSTAINED GREATNESS. Anyone can be good for one season. Look at all the guys we've seen flop after pretty good rookie seasons.

I'm sticking by my pre-draft evaluation. There is nothing special about this Baker Mayfield guy. Just like there is nothing special about Dak Prescott. Both had great rookie seasons. Dak has since then regressed to an average NFL QB. I expect Baker Mayfield to similarly regress and be a below average NFL QB.

Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Sam Darnold, and Josh Rosen will all be better QBs than him going forward.
Just so we're clear here...are you predicting the future, which you say you can't do? Or are you just throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks?

And? He's a rookie. His strengths right now are running the ball. But I've seen enough of his college tape to know he has the talent to be a good passer. Will he ever be elite passing the ball? No. But he doesn't need to be to be successful for a really long time.

Once again, stop focusing on what he can't do right now and instead look at what he can do. He just went 6-1 down the stretch with the Ravens and got them into the playoffs.
Dak led Dallas to an 8-1 record in the last 9 games and into the playoffs, but he's just an average QB though.

Just so we're clear here...are you predicting the future, which you say you can't do? Or are you just throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks?

This is talent evaluation. I'm telling you based on what I've seen I'm not seeing anything special.

Josh Allen has blown me away with his abilities. Lamar has similarly impressed me. Sam Darnold in the last few weeks started to look real good. I've yet to be impressed by Josh Rosen but I really liked his college tape and the team around him was not that good this year so its unfair to judge him off this season.

Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson = SUPERSTARS
Sam Darnold & Josh Rosen = solid franchise QBs
Baker Mayfield = below average starting NFL QB

Dak led Dallas to an 8-1 record in the last 9 games and into the playoffs, but he's just an average QB though.

The running game and defense carried the team to that record. Dak is solid but there are plenty of QBs better than him.

We all saw last year how helpless he looked with Zeke. The Cowboys are powered by Zeke and that defense. PERIOD.

This is talent evaluation. I'm telling you based on what I've seen I'm not seeing anything special.

Josh Allen has blown me away with his abilities. Lamar has similarly impressed me. Sam Darnold in the last few weeks started to look real good. I've yet to be impressed by Josh Rosen but I really liked his college tape and the team around him was not that good this year so its unfair to judge him off this season.

Josh Allen & Lamar Jackson = SUPERSTARS
Sam Darnold & Josh Rosen = solid franchise QBs
Baker Mayfield = below average starting NFL QB
grnkoia.gif

VN Store

Back