The Championships, Wimbledon

The KidB belated Wimby preview.

Frequently Asked Questions

(1) Can Fedsmug beat "is Wayne Brady gonna have to" Djokovic on grass?

No. Not in an outdoor five set match. And, yes, I will be glad to put my money where my mouth is if this comes to be.

(2) Is anybody going to beat Wayne Brady before he would get to Fedsmug?

Unlikely to quite unlikely. Feel free to comment if you disagree. Sorry guys, but I wouldn't put my mortgage on young Harrison.

(3) Can Andy Murray beat TGGRN on grass?

I actually think he can. I have a weird feeling about Murray in this tournament. I could be wrong. It has happened before. But I think he might be able to take out TGGRN. I wouldn't bet on it, though. I do think it is more likely than Fedsmug taking out Wayne Brady.

(4) Who might take out TGGRN before he would get to a semifinal matchup with Murray?

a. Tsonga
b. Your mother.

Regarding (a): never mind, this isn't happening.
Regarding (b): is your mother playing? Oh...she isn't playing? Well, then nobody will be taking out TGGRN.

(5) Who might take out Murray before a semifinal?

Delpo if he can stay healthy. Though I don't love the way Delpo moves on grass. Also, keep an eye on Raonic, though I would like to see him perform better on return games. I'm not ready to go all in on him.

(6) Of the so-called "Big Four"*, who has the toughest path to the semis?

Murray. That quadrant is straight nasty. Arguably nastier than your momma. Check it: Murray, Ferrer, the artist formerly known as Andy Roddick, Delpo, Cilic, Raonic, Dimitrov, Baghdatis, Karlovic. That is UNQUESTIONABLY the strongest quadrant of the four. No home cooking for Murray in the SW19.

(7) Hey KidB, how come all of your predictions essentially just predict TGGRN and Wayne Brady in the final with a possible threat from Delpo?

This is the way KidB sees the world.

(8) Are you some kind of unoriginal bastard, or what?

Don't be talking trash! I'm giving Murray a chance in this tournament. I'm changing it up a little bit.

*Which is really being nice to Murray

Last edited:
I don't know what I was looking at in the draw when I posted that Serena had Kvitova first round. I thought that was unusual, but something must have prompted me to post that.

Even though I'm a little bummed that this thread isn't unofficial, I think we're going to break all records with this thread in the category of "posts in a dedicated tennis major thread". Actually, Wimbledon 2010 may be tough to beat. The Mahut/Isner match really helped up the traffic. I'll go check and see what the post count was in that one.

EDIT: The 2012 FO thread was our best yet on post counts at 232. This one should beat it.

Last edited:
The KidB belated Wimby preview.

Frequently Asked Questions

(1) Can Fedsmug beat "is Wayne Brady gonna have to" Djokovic on grass?

No. Not in an outdoor five set match. And, yes, I will be glad to put my money where my mouth is if this comes to be.

(2) Is anybody going to beat Wayne Brady before he would get to Fedsmug?

Unlikely to quite unlikely. Feel free to comment if you disagree. Sorry guys, but I wouldn't put my mortgage on young Harrison.

(3) Can Andy Murray beat TGGRN on grass?

I actually think he can. I have a weird feeling about Murray in this tournament. I could be wrong. It has happened before. But I think he might be able to take out TGGRN. I wouldn't bet on it, though. I do think it is more likely than Fedsmug taking out Wayne Brady.

(4) Who might take out TGGRN before he would get to a semifinal matchup with Murray?

a. Tsonga
b. Your mother.

Regarding (a): never mind, this isn't happening.
Regarding (b): is your mother playing? Oh...she isn't playing? Well, then nobody will be taking out TGGRN.

(5) Who might take out Murray before a semifinal?

Delpo if he can stay healthy. Though I don't love the way Delpo moves on grass. Also, keep an eye on Raonic, though I would like to see him perform better on return games. I'm not ready to go all in on him.

(6) Of the so-called "Big Four"*, who has the toughest path to the semis?

Murray. That quadrant is straight nasty. Arguably nastier than your momma. Check it: Murray, Ferrer, the artist formerly known as Andy Roddick, Delpo, Cilic, Raonic, Dimitrov, Baghdatis, Karlovic. That is UNQUESTIONABLY the strongest quadrant of the four. No home cooking for Murray in the SW19.

(7) Hey KidB, how come all of your predictions essentially just predict TGGRN and Wayne Brady in the final with a possible threat from Delpo?

This is the way KidB sees the world.

(8) Are you some kind of unoriginal bastard, or what?

Don't be talking trash! I'm giving Murray a chance in this tournament. I'm changing it up a little bit.

*Which is really being nice to Murray

You began drinking pretty early today, didn't you :)

Even though I'm a little bummed that this thread isn't unofficial, I think we're going to break all records with this thread in the category of "posts in a dedicated tennis major thread". Actually, Wimbledon 2010 may be tough to beat. The Mahut/Isner match really helped up the traffic. I'll go check and see what the post count was in that one.

Around time for the US Open you could start an unofficial major type thread. We could use it for all of them. Just a thought...

Around time for the US Open you could start an unofficial major type thread. We could use it for all of them. Just a thought...

Interesting idea. The peeps will have to chime in if they'd prefer that vs. breaking each major into its own thread.

I submit that watching Marcos Baghdatis is more frustrating but for different reasons. He is soooo good, and it's like he doesn't even realize how good he is.

Just doesn't have it in him to focus or care for longer than very short stretches. Great strokes and fun to watch.

Fedsmug? Come on, Kid. That's weaksauce for a hater. That's not even offensive. Try Federror. Or Federella. Cryerer. Shankerer. The Notorious F.E.D. The Lord of the Swings. The Basel Dazzle. Darth Federer.

I'd vote to keep each slam thread separate rather than one clearinghouse slam thread for all time.

But im game for whatever. Just happy us tennis dorks are allowed to post at all.

VN Store

Back