The cancel culture is getting out of control

He works in the world of professional football.... duuuuh "Classy" is not a word that comes to mind for the vast majority in that profession.
Are you referring to players, coaches, front office personnel, etc when talking about the vast majority?

I would say there were plenty of coaches from the past such as Tom Osborne, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh, Don Shula, Eddie Robinson, Ken Sparks, and Bobby Bowden came across as some coaches I would consider classy. At least I don't recall much controversy surrounding those men when they were coaching. Of course many didn't use email back in the day and social media wasn't a thing for some.

I would say many of the people involved in football conduct themselves with professionalism and class. We just tend to hear about the cases more where they don't. Gruden's emails bring in more money for the networks than any other good story would bring in.

Well, damn. I've settled on and been happy with Minnetonka moccasins for house shoes - guess that's over. Probably going to have to find a replacement for Land O Lakes butter, too. Apparently you just can't fix the really special brand of woke stupidity. Turns out when you think companies have been celebrating other heritages, they've decided it was abuse. I'm waiting for car companies to start purging names because they represent places where bad things happened at the hands of white people. Good thing GM already axed Pontiac - makes you wonder if they will confiscate any still around. Chrysler wisely dodged with the Plymouth brand. Mustang could be pretty iffy if things keep up. "Volunteer" could be at risk for suppressing people with brown skins - even though it had more to do with the War of 1812, but then Andrew Jackson was hard on Indians, sooo.
Andrew Jackson was also the first democrat party president. Democrats have been advocating for segregation since then. If it's not racial segregation then it's class segregation and now medical segregation.

Reactions: NEO and AM64
Woke white people are erasing native Americans from being represented under the guise of racism. Isn't that something else?

You know there are cities, counties, and states all across the land just begging to be called out and renamed. Just imagine we could have our own version of things like St. Petersburg/Petrograd/Leningrad. How many city names wouldn't offend somebody? The District of Columbia has to be bringing shivers of resentment and driving people to insanity over the boundless insensitivity.

Reactions: NEO and tbwhhs
And Colin Kaepernick, the NFL, the NBA, Rapinoe, Critical Race Theory, Subway, Netflix, etc.

254037639_3222766731292772_4635643044323595539_n.jpg

Anybody listen? Here's a 2nd reminder.

Episode 1278 - "Canceled Comedy" w/ Kliph Nesteroff and David Bianculli — WTF with Marc Maron Podcast

You have to put up with some of Maron's really bad Hollywood right vs left takes, but the facts discussed are incredibly interesting. This guy did all this research and found that what we're calling "cancel culture" has always been here. He found people publicly decrying black face comedy before the Civil War. He finds quotes from old comics like Red Skelton, complaining that they can't say anything anymore.

They discuss that the number of comedians talking about getting canceled vs. the number actually canceled is completely out of wack. It's a marketing tactic for many comics.

They make the point that many comedians specifically offend because their design is to be provocateurs. The whole reason it's funny is that it's edgy and provokes because you're not supposed to say it. So when a comedian tells an insensitive joke, he is saying he is good with the heat that will come with it (not in every instance. many times guys aren't aware they are offending). He's making a tradeoff. He's getting the laugh that inherently comes with a price. Then the heat comes and the comedian acts like he doesn't understand all the heat.

Anybody listen? Here's a 2nd reminder.

Episode 1278 - "Canceled Comedy" w/ Kliph Nesteroff and David Bianculli — WTF with Marc Maron Podcast

You have to put up with some of Maron's really bad Hollywood right vs left takes, but the facts discussed are incredibly interesting. This guy did all this research and found that what we're calling "cancel culture" has always been here. He found people publicly decrying black face comedy before the Civil War. He finds quotes from old comics like Red Skelton, complaining that they can't say anything anymore.

They discuss that the number of comedians talking about getting canceled vs. the number actually canceled is completely out of wack. It's a marketing tactic for many comics.

They make the point that many comedians specifically offend because their design is to be provocateurs. The whole reason it's funny is that it's edgy and provokes because you're not supposed to say it. So when a comedian tells an insensitive joke, he is saying he is good with the heat that will come with it (not in every instance. many times guys aren't aware they are offending). He's making a tradeoff. He's getting the laugh that inherently comes with a price. Then the heat comes and the comedian acts like he doesn't understand all the heat.
I remember growing up they seemed to try and cancel Dee Snider. Then of course you had the attacks on Clarence Thomas, which of course were led by the democrat party. If anyone hasn't seen his documentary I would highly suggest they watch it. Then you had the uproar over Andrew Dice Clay and Beavis and Butthead. I heard some religious people in a nearby county back in the 1990s wanted MTV taken off the cable lineup because of Beavis and Butthead.

Today. MTV has gone pretty much completely woke. I think MTV News even did a segment on how certain people should be censored. Dee Snider seems to have quite the disliking for anyone who doesn't want to take this new vaccine. People like Howard Stern and Jerry Springer are condemning Trump and even Trump Supporters and acting as if they have some kind of moral compass now. The left and democrats have been calling for Tucker Carlson's show to be canceled just like the religious right wanted Beavis and Butthead to be canceled back in the day. They are now what they claimed to be fighting against all these years.

Of course, the sad angry left-wing crybaby losers raise their ugly heads at Thanksgiving ....
Not even one word of thanks to be living in the greatest country formed on earth.

The parents of American citizens need help making sure their American citizen children get a proper education and this is your response? That's quite an interesting take you have there
I however dont condone bullying but really who is going to listen ? The Feds ? States ?

The school districts have rules to follow. It's their responsibility
From the article
It sounds like a comical incident, but it was really frustrating,” Mandy said in Mandarin through a translator.

“It feels like immigrant parents are deliberately excluded and pushed to the margins.” Jenna Monley
I think the only policy or rule broken(in the article) was using students as translators. After that they offer "robust guidance".

From there the article kind of sensationalizes(see bold) difficulties the non English speaking parents incur communicating with the schools.

How many languages should schools be responsible for translating?

VN Store

Back