The cancel culture is getting out of control

When as a society did we become so damn mentally weak that other people holding a different opinion hurts feelings. We have lost our ability to agree to disagree and it's sad.
it started with the idea that if someone has an "offensive" belief contrary to YOURS or to "popular" belief, it should result in that person being physically beaten, shamed, fired, sued, whatever.

It's been there on the left side slowly dripping from the early 90s but really had it's heyday since ANTIFA and "punch a nazi" became popular mixed with the rise of leftist nonsense on social media. All it took was ONE celebrity getting kicked off a movie, ONE company firing someone after being blasted by the Twitter checkmark brigade, and it emboldened them into this nonsense. We had someone try to do that in our HR to a RN who posted an opinion on Facebook about abortion, and we told them to politely go F themselves

it started with the idea that if someone has an "offensive" belief contrary to YOURS or to "popular" belief, it should result in that person being physically beaten, shamed, fired, sued, whatever.

It's been there on the left side slowly dripping from the early 90s but really had it's heyday since ANTIFA and "punch a nazi" became popular mixed with the rise of leftist nonsense on social media. All it took was ONE celebrity getting kicked off a movie, ONE company firing someone after being blasted by the Twitter checkmark brigade, and it emboldened them into this nonsense. We had someone try to do that in our HR to a RN who posted an opinion on Facebook about abortion, and we told them to politely go F themselves
We've been told we can't post anything pertaining to work unless approved by media guru. 🙄

We can post anything we want as long as we don't represent ourselves as "speaking for the hospital" or violating HIPAA or some such nonsense

Our HR is pretty good to work with and sensible about such things

We can post anything we want as long as we don't represent ourselves as "speaking for the hospital" or violating HIPAA or some such nonsense

Our HR is pretty good to work with and sensible about such things
Yes , I clear every comment here with no one, I'm my own agent and I speak for me. We've had some people post pictures of actual pts in the rooms... That falls under duh.
I think if they are so concerned about privacy then they don't need a FB for my hospital. It's been nothing but stupid.

I think some of it also has to do with social media. A lot of people are in their own little group think-tanks and only hear one opinion non-stop on their respective feeds. Once confronted with another opinion besides the one they absolutely "know" is correct, they go berserk. They assume the worst out of someone (For example, racist) simply because they hold a different opinion than themselves. This can be applied to both right and left.

I think some of it also has to do with social media. A lot of people are in their own little group think-tanks and only hear one opinion non-stop on their respective feeds. Once confronted with another opinion besides the one they absolutely "know" is correct, they go berserk. They assume the worst out of someone (For example, racist) simply because they hold a different opinion than themselves. This can be applied to both right and left.
Twitter is really bad about that...tralala... Sow discord...tralala....fulment hate...😒

When as a society did we become so damn mentally weak that other people holding a different opinion hurts feelings. We have lost our ability to agree to disagree and it's sad.
In other words when did most people stop agreeing with racist, sexist, and homophobic statements?

Anyone complaining about pc culture or cancel culture or whatever is mad they can't say bigoted stuff and get away with it with no one calling them out.

Companies would be smart to stand pat when it comes to things like #RIPTacoBell, #ChickFilAIsOverParty and #CrackerBarrelIsCancelled. You withstand a big barrage of hate from people who aren't even in your target demographic, sure, but there's so much about which to be "outraged" these days that their empty threats move on in record time. Your cancellation cycle lasts a week, max, and then it's business as usual.

In other words when did most people stop agreeing with racist, sexist, and homophobic statements?

Anyone complaining about pc culture or cancel culture or whatever is mad they can't say bigoted stuff and get away with it with no one calling them out.

Come back to the thread you were getting owned in with several red triangles posted.

Yes because a fake talking dog in a cop uniform are those things. Lol

says the guy who thinks an OK sign and a red triangle is racist :oops: you are among the worst on this board with your faux PC racism

Canceling taco bell because they donated to the republican party is racist? Lol come on man

Does racism exist in America? Yes

Do black lives matter? 100% absolutely

Is Taco Bell donating to the RNC racist? F@#k no

Cancel culture has to stop and I don't mean statues, etc. I mean canceling sh!t just because someone has a different opinion than you.

PC culture is out of control, period. Stop hiding behind it

Canceling taco bell because they donated to the republican party is racist? Lol come on man

Does racism exist in America? Yes

Do black lives matter? 100% absolutely

Is Taco Bell donating to the RNC racist? F@#k no

Cancel culture has to stop and I don't mean statues, etc. I mean canceling sh!t just because someone has a different opinion than you.

PC culture is out of control, period. Stop hiding behind it
We're living the movie PCU.

tenor.gif

The problem lies in the people deciding what is bigoted, racist and sexist.

They’ve jumped the shark.

Calling them out appropriately or ranting because feelings are hurt? Big difference.

No. I want to be able to buy a bottle of Aunt Jemima syrup and some Uncle Ben’s rice without some ****ing idiot calling me a racist.

But you’re cool with being able to say whatever bigoted bs you want without being called out for it?

VN Store

Back