The Black List

Whoa.

I imagine it's a ruse of some sort, and I imagine the Tom spin-off show plays into this.

Yeah. It's going to to be the whole only way to protect you was to kill you plot. Only red and the doc know. That's why he wouldn't let tom ride with. He still trying to cut him out.

Another good theory is the women in glasses is behind it all and not even red knows she is still alive.

I can dig that.

If I think back to when they first got to the nightclub, that theory makes sense, especially considering what she said to Red when he jumped on Dembe.

Mr. Kaplan set it all up, and when the doc saw things were going sideways in the transport to the hospital, he pushed some super strong sedative to "kill" Liz and keep Red away for awhile?

Another good theory is the women in glasses is behind it all and not even red knows she is still alive.

I agree, I think Kaplan and the doctor know but Red has no clue. She was not happy that Red wasn't protecting Liz.

Here is my theory...

I had the outlandish thought that Mr Kaplan is Katarina Rostova but that's patently ridiculous. No offense to the actress playing Mr Kaplan but Katarina has to be far more attractive than that. The next best option is that Mr Kaplan is working for both Red and Katarina. Though not emphasized much in the past two shows Lizzie did express interest in meeting her mother if it was possible. Mr Kaplan is one of the very few people still in contact with Katarina. "Killing off" Liz was a plan concocted by both Liz and Mr Kaplan. I don't think Red, Tom, The Doctor, or the FBI know any of this plan and this is probably the only way Liz can meet her mom without either of the three interfering.

Last edited:
That was strange and spooky.

That was a very bizarre episode. I knew that woman wasn't really there the whole time though, damn I'm good. So Red loses his mind and he sees Katarina who HE thinks most definitely died but even after this episode we don't know that for sure.

Reactions: 1 person
I think I saw Famke Janssen in the preview for the next episode. I guess that means that will start the setup for the spin-off.

The Blacklist is expanding!

NBC has picked up The Blacklist spinoff now titled The Blacklist: Redemption to series.

Starring Famke Janssen (X-Men Franchise) & Ryan Eggold (The Blacklist)

In The Blacklist: Redemption, Tom Keen (Ryan Eggold) joins forces with Susan “Scottie” Hargrave (Janssen), the brilliant and cunning chief of Grey Matters, a covert mercenary organization that solves problems governments don’t dare touch. Their relationship resembles that between Raymond “Red” Reddington (James Spader) and Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone) on the mothership series.

In addition to Janssen and Eggold, the cast of the spinoff series includes Edi Gathegi and Tawny Cypress. The planted spinoff episode was written by The Blacklist creator/executive producer Jon Bokenkamp and exec producer/showrunner John Eisendrath and was directed by Michael Dinner. The episode, as well as last week’s Blacklist episode, which introduced Scottie, both posted ratings upticks in Live+same day.

Last edited:
The Blacklist is expanding!

I thought the "spinoff" episode last week copied the original too much, without Spader, who makes the show, IMO. I am not that interested in Tom, but that's just me.

Also.. Does this mean Liz is really dead? If she is alive, then wouldn't she be part of the spin-off considering she is married to the guy?

I thought the "spinoff" episode last week copied the original too much, without Spader, who makes the show, IMO. I am not that interested in Tom, but that's just me.

Also.. Does this mean Liz is really dead? If she is alive, then wouldn't she be part of the spin-off considering she is married to the guy?

This. Reddington makes this show

VN Store

Back