The Atlanta Braves Thread

Might get flack for this but between baseball and the NBA’s crazy bubble plan, along with COVID cases rising again. I’m almost just ready to have them say “**** it” and not have sports until football in September. Idk if they’re gonna be able to do all these sports in a month.

Agree. I think a lot of people feel the same way

I agree with all in premise but I think you have a window to ramp up here before COVID punches again in November. Could be in the same boat come next March and you can’t go two years without baseball-basketball. I believe the Super Bowl is most in jeopardy.
Probably true, as all the talk has been the heat of the summer will help with the virus. I hadn’t really even considered far enough ahead to think about the Super Bowl. If the NFL had any sense, they’d be trying to figure out how to get going early and get their season in before things might get bad again. But of course, they’re forging ahead like it’s business as usual.

Probably true, as all the talk has been the heat of the summer will help with the virus. I hadn’t really even considered far enough ahead to think about the Super Bowl. If the NFL had any sense, they’d be trying to figure out how to get going early and get their season in before things might get bad again. But of course, they’re forging ahead like it’s business as usual.
There is no guarantee things will get bad again. Have a contingency, and go on with business as usual.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
This is no where near as deadly as the media has lead everyone to believe.
Agree with this, and I do wonder how long the virus had really been kicking around out there before it really took off, and how much of the population have had it with only mild/moderate symptoms. I was really sick back in early January for about a week with several of the symptoms (minus the cough) and have wondered for a while if it could have been COVID. It was while I was in London and at the peak of the tourist season, where I was no doubt sharing trains/buses/etc. with people from the part of China where it originated. Might be a long shot, but I still wouldn’t be shocked to find out that’s what it was.

Agree with this, and I do wonder how long the virus had really been kicking around out there before it really took off, and how much of the population have had it with only mild/moderate symptoms. I was really sick back in early January for about a week with several of the symptoms (minus the cough) and have wondered for a while if it could have been COVID. It was while I was in London and at the peak of the tourist season, where I was no doubt sharing trains/buses/etc. with people from the part of China where it originated. Might be a long shot, but I still wouldn’t be shocked to find out that’s what it was.

I had a good buddy that went to Boston and did a bunch of touristy stuff after Christmas. We got the flu in mid January and he assumed he had it but ours was done after 48 hours. However he ran a fever for a week and had a really tough time breathing and coughed a lot. I’m convinced it was COVID.

Pretty good chance, buddy. There are so many stories likes yours and the one Z mentioned. It’s been here for longer than they thought and more widespread as well. The true death rate has to be well below 1.

VN Store

Back