The Atlanta Braves Thread

Look at pictures of when he played as a Pirate and then a few years later as a Giant. His head doubled in size. If you don't think he cheated, then you are one of the very few who believe that.

He is not the homerun king. He will never be in the hall of fame. He is a disgrace to baseball. His numbers are a lie

👴🏼 🗣 ☁️

Look at pictures of when he played as a Pirate and then a few years later as a Giant. His head doubled in size. If you don't think he cheated, then you are one of the very few who believe that.

He is not the homerun king. He will never be in the hall of fame. He is a disgrace to baseball. His numbers are a lie

Everyone “cheated”. Baseball didn’t care. They didn’t care till Congress got involved. Baseball condoned it.

He absolutely should be in the HOF. If the commissioner of baseball who presided over the steroid era got in the HOF, any steroid user should also get in. He’s hit the most homers in baseball history. Hence he is the home run king.

Hank Aaron admitted using greenies throughout his career, but I don’t see anyone arguing that he shouldn’t be in the HOF.

I’m sorry that I am correct 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I am in agreement with you that he was great and likely the best player in baseball for most of his career. He should be in the hall of fame and it’s dumb that he isn’t.

I just can’t say he’s the greatest ever - we don’t know what he would have been without the enhancement of steroids. Was he on track to be top 10, top 5 ever? Probably. But he eliminated all consideration, for me personally.

Max munchy hit a ball OVER the kayaks in mccovey cove this weekend. Are the home runs getting hit right now going to count less when these guys are up for the hall of fame? Barry woulda popped 100 a year with these baseballs in these ballparks.

They can only play the game their contemporaries are playing. Bonds is head and shoulders the 🐐

Reactions: zjcvols
Everyone “cheated”. Baseball didn’t care. They didn’t care till Congress got involved. Baseball condoned it.

He absolutely should be in the HOF. If the commissioner of baseball who presided over the steroid era got in the HOF, any steroid user should also get in. He’s hit the most homers in baseball history. Hence he is the home run king.

Not to me. And thankfully not to most people who follow the game.

Hank and Willie Mays didn't cheat.

I am in agreement with you that he was great and likely the best player in baseball for most of his career. He should be in the hall of fame and it’s dumb that he isn’t.

I just can’t say he’s the greatest ever - we don’t know what he would have been without the enhancement of steroids. Was he on track to be top 10, top 5 ever? Probably. But he eliminated all consideration, for me personally.
Three things.....
Ken.
Griffey.
JR.

Also can’t rememeber the blues fans name... but good luck... looks like they came to play... Bennington is killing it and his team payed him for it.

Reactions: VolFan4life24

Barry Bonds was Mike Trout before Mike Trout. From 1990-1999 Bonds had a 179 OPS+ with a 1.036 OPS, was an elite defensive left fielder/base runner, won 3 MVP’s, and played in Candelstick, which was a cavern.

Not to me. And thankfully not to most people who follow the game.

Hank and Willie Mays didn't cheat.

They routinely took greenies and baseball didn’t care. Just like baseball didn’t care that the players took PED’s. How is that different?

Three things.....
Ken.
Griffey.
JR.

Also can’t rememeber the blues fans name... but good luck... looks like they came to play... Bennington is killing it and his team payed him for it.

Griffey OPS in the 90’s: .965
Bonds OPS in the 90’s: 1.036

And Binnington has been incredible.

Reactions: GreatWhiteNorth

VN Store

Back