The Atlanta Braves Thread

All those guys played in their prime pre-integration. While legends, they played a complete different game.

And Bonds was a ridiculously dominant player before his steroid usage and after his steroid usage,

He was the best player in the league before his usage, but he didn’t become “ridiculously dominant” until he swole up. (And he was weirdly allowed to wear body armor and stand on top of the plate forever.)

The idea that he was ever an elite defensive player is insane. If the metrics say he was, they’re wrong.

It’s easy with Bonds, was he the best ever before the steroids? No, he was not. Definitely Hall of Fame before, but not the GOAT.

I think your underrating Bonds pre steroids. So career bWAR for Bonds was 162.8 (that’s first)

Up until 1999 (pre steroid Bonds) career bWAR: 103.7

From 2000-2004 bWAR: 51.1

2005-2007 bWAR: 8

If we took his five year steroid usage WAR, and made him half the player he was. That gives him 26.6 WAR, that’s a total 138.3. Which would still put him 5th on the career list.

He was the best player in the league before his usage, but he didn’t become “ridiculously dominant” until he swole up. (And he was weirdly allowed to wear body armor and stand on top of the plate forever.)

The idea that he was ever an elite defensive player is insane. If the metrics say he was, they’re wrong.

Mostly from his Pittsburgh days. I’m not going to try and judge his defense from before I was even born lol.

Couldn’t be wrong with Ken, Barry, or Frank. 90’s was awesome lol.
Ken Griffey Jr. One of my all time favorite non Braves player. Was really glad I go to see him play live at turner field with the reds before he retired. He hit two homers that game as did Marcus Giles if I remember correctly.

Ken Griffey Jr. One of my all time favorite non Braves player. Was really glad I go to see him play live at turner field with the reds before he retired. He hit two homers that game as did Marcus Giles if I remember correctly.
Marcus Giles.... goodness haven’t heard that name in a bit.... I never seen him play but man I wanted to! He was my favorite player growing up because I played outfield and prided myself on making acrobatic catches... him, Andruw Jones, and Chipper.

VN Store

Back