The Atlanta Braves Thread (Javy Lopez Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll check him out. The only Blues I've ever done is people like BB King, Armstrong, Muddy Waters... just the most popular ones. Verc, you listen to Joe Bonomassa?

I know Bonomassa, but I sort of regard him as one of a bunch of pleasant but interchangeable white rock and roll blues guys. I like a little more grit with my blues. Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf are about perfect. Delta blues like Son House and Robert Johnson for the serious, raw, 1 am drinking time. The rock and roll bluesmen tend to make the blues sound like more of a good time than I feel like it ought to be. If that makes sense.

I know Bonomassa, but I sort of regard him as one of a bunch of pleasant but interchangeable white rock and roll blues guys. I like a little more grit with my blues. Muddy Waters and Howlin Wolf are about perfect. Delta blues like Son House and Robert Johnson for the serious, raw, 1 am drinking time. The rock and roll bluesmen tend to make the blues sound like more of a good time than I feel like it ought to be. If that makes sense.

That makes sense. So, clearly from me being here a few months I've noticed your well educated. What did you go to school for?

Already at a thousand posts. Jesus guys since when did we all become snake and quit our jobs?

Last edited:
That makes sense. So, clearly from me being here a few months I've noticed your well educated. What did you go to school for?

I have an English degree from UTK, which of course has been mostly irrelevant in terms of holding down a job -- my career before I started staying home with the kids full time was in IT support -- but which was spectacularly useful as far as teaching me how to think and write critically. 15-20 writing classes have a way of forcing the mind to focus whether you like it or not.

I have an English degree from UTK, which of course has been mostly irrelevant in terms of holding down a job -- my career before I started staying home with the kids full time was in IT support -- but which was spectacularly useful as far as teaching me how to think and write critically. 15-20 writing classes have a way of forcing the mind to focus whether you like it or not.

Believe it or not I'm in school for an English degree at APSU. I believe I am going to switch majors though. I love creative writing, poetry, and things of that nature, but I only wish to use my degree for teaching and perhaps coaching in high school, and I already make more money at my job now than I would in teaching.

Believe it or not I'm in school for an English degree at APSU. I believe I am going to switch majors though. I love creative writing, poetry, and things of that nature, but I only wish to use my degree for teaching and perhaps coaching in high school, and I already make more money at my job now than I would in teaching.

Wu my brother is going to APSU this fall

So RG3 is already cleared to practice after tearing his ACL in January, but Derrick Rose sat out the entire reason and playoffs? One of those guys is a puss.

It makes me sick thinking how unfair it is to Hudson. He won't have many more chances to pitch in the playoffs in his career, and it appears as if he lost this season.

I took several poetry-writing classes myself, and while I had no real talent, I actually think they were among the most beneficial classes I had, in terms of leading to a lifetime of thinking and writing more clearly. If you have a good prose style then you can coast through most of college because you can just pump out pages of BS when you need to. You can't do that in a poetry class. You never feel as naked in your life as when you have to read a poem you wrote to a whole class and then sit there in silence for 15 minutes listening to them analyze it.

Money-wise, majoring in English was pretty dumb, but of course I was 19 when I picked it. But I feel like learning to write reasonably well forced me to learn how to think reasonably well too, so I can't say I regret it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back