The Anxiety thread

Reading some of these posts, I really think some of you would benefit from the books/links I've provided, or better yet, some behavioral therapy. Anxiety is the most treatable mental condition. It's very real, but it's very curable. Commit, and conquer. It will free you.

This 100%.

Dealt with every symptom y'all keep mentioning. Dove into kiddiedoc's links, started daily meditation, took probiotics, and now I haven't had a single panic or anxiety attack since January.

Saw tony mention probiotics and vitamin d! Yesssss! I literally have had the stomach issues, pins and needles, etc.

I visited a counselor for a while and he helped a ton. Went to a psychiatrist once and she said "before we do medicine, try vitamin d, fish oil, and probiotics." Guess what? It worked. Placebo? No. My anxiety caused stomach issues which fueled my anxiety further. Probiotics took it away.

Reactions: 1 person
Saw tony mention probiotics and vitamin d! Yesssss! I literally have had the stomach issues, pins and needles, etc.

I visited a counselor for a while and he helped a ton. Went to a psychiatrist once and she said "before we do medicine, try vitamin d, fish oil, and probiotics." Guess what? It worked. Placebo? No. My anxiety caused stomach issues which fueled my anxiety further. Probiotics took it away.

Awesome about to look into all this thank you

Awesome about to look into all this thank you
I take quite a few meds but I'd like to suggest one more supplement. Please take ALA(Alpha-Lipoic Acid). It's great for all bodily systems but especially the digestive & cardiovascular system. It's also great for diabetes patients but you don't have that.

ALA is a potent antioxidant. The recommended doses are 300-600 mg up to twice daily. I don't take that much. I take 200 mg daily. That's all you need unless you have diabetes or some other disease that would require more like cancer.

Take it with food always. Take all your supplements with food especially Vit D3 because it's fat soluble. Probiotics can be taken with or without food but I'd suggest taking it 20-30 minutes before a meal. Remember to get probiotics that has a 30 billion strength. Just once per day before one of your meals.

Last edited:
Having my colon cancer fears again. One day it's a brain tumor fear next day it's colon cancer. It's getting old. Maybe I should just get my colon checked for peace of mind

Having my colon cancer fears again. One day it's a brain tumor fear next day it's colon cancer. It's getting old. Maybe I should just get my colon checked for peace of mind

Have you actually been to the medical dr. to get a full checkup with bloodwork & all the stuff needed to rule out anything physical wrong with you? Have you had any CT Scans or MRI's? Get that stuff done first. If they find nothing physically wrong please get yourself to a mental health dr.

You may need some pretty serious meds if you have a mental condition. This sounds like more than just anxiety. Maybe schizophrenic or OCD or both. They can treat you with meds to get you under control & give you your life back. I take quite a few meds & they've helped me live a much more better quality of life.

If I didn't have them I wouldn't be here today. I take both meds for physical & mental health. Please do what I asked if you hadn't already for peace of mind. Then, get yourself to a mental health dr. for some help. Don't put it off another day please. It's not something to mess around with. Thanks!

Have you actually been to the medical dr. to get a full checkup with bloodwork & all the stuff needed to rule out anything physical wrong with you? Have you had any CT Scans or MRI's? Get that stuff done first. If they find nothing physically wrong please get yourself to a mental health dr.

You may need some pretty serious meds if you have a mental condition. This sounds like more than just anxiety. Maybe schizophrenic or OCD or both. They can treat you with meds to get you under control & give you your life back. I take quite a few meds & they've helped me live a much more better quality of life.

If I didn't have them I wouldn't be here today. I take both meds for physical & mental health. Please do what I asked if you hadn't already for peace of mind. Then, get yourself to a mental health dr. for some help. Don't put it off another day please. It's not something to mess around with. Thanks!
I think I just have severe hypochondria. Schizophrenia isn't likely doesn't run in my family and im.also aware my symptoms could very well be fake and made up by my head. A schizophrenice wouldn't consider that possibility. Schizophrenics also struggle to have relationships with people they tendo to stick to one person and only one person. I've always been a social butterfly. I know all this bc my girlfriends grandmother is a Schizophrenic she sees all these delusions and doesn't question for a second that they may be made up she's 100 percent sure it's all real. I do agree I need some type of counseling however for my hypochondria anxiety so it can stop altering every day of my life

I think I just have severe hypochondria. Schizophrenia isn't likely doesn't run in my family and im.also aware my symptoms could very well be fake and made up by my head. A schizophrenice wouldn't consider that possibility. Schizophrenics also struggle to have relationships with people they tendo to stick to one person and only one person. I've always been a social butterfly. I know all this bc my girlfriends grandmother is a Schizophrenic she sees all these delusions and doesn't question for a second that they may be made up she's 100 percent sure it's all real. I do agree I need some type of counseling however for my hypochondria anxiety so it can stop altering every day of my life

There are self aware schizophrenics.

I don't hear voices or hallucinate or anything. I simply get natural pains that we all get except instead of thinking oh it's a stomach pain whatever I ate didn't agree with my stomach it's oh it's a stomach pain I must have colon cancer. Then I think about the pain constantly and in turn it continues hurting. It's extremely common in hypochondria. I actually feel like I have improved. I just need to work on being more positive

I don't hear voices or hallucinate or anything. I simply get natural pains that we all get except instead of thinking oh it's a stomach pain whatever I ate didn't agree with my stomach it's oh it's a stomach pain I must have colon cancer. Then I think about the pain constantly and in turn it continues hurting. It's extremely common in hypochondria. I actually feel like I have improved. I just need to work on being more positive

I get tactile hallucinations. Very seldom I have visual and audial hallucinations. I try not to pay attention to random pains.

I get tactile hallucinations. Very seldom I have visual and audial hallucinations. I try not to pay attention to random pains.

I don't get any types of hallucinations. The closest thing I get to hallucinations are these symptoms but a lot of these symptoms are probably stress related from the hypochondria. I've lately had stomach pain and stress is very hard on the digestive system especially in males. My job working nights 50 hours a week doesn't help, I don't sleep very well.

Having a pretty great day anxiety wise. Probably bc im off the next few days. I think I may have a hemorrhoid, my job requires lots of lifting. I think it's the root along with my anxiety for my stomach cramps. Stress does a lot on the digestive system! How is everyone today?

Having a pretty great day anxiety wise. Probably bc im off the next few days. I think I may have a hemorrhoid, my job requires lots of lifting. I think it's the root along with my anxiety for my stomach cramps. Stress does a lot on the digestive system! How is everyone today?

Working a bunch of hours really messes with what you eat as well or at least it did for me. I'm sure you probably already know this but you should keep an eye on the hemorrhoid because it can get worse. Something really messing with my anxiety recently is watching the Vols but man is it worth it I just wish they could have a game that doesn't come down to the last possession every once in a while

Working a bunch of hours really messes with what you eat as well or at least it did for me. I'm sure you probably already know this but you should keep an eye on the hemorrhoid because it can get worse. Something really messing with my anxiety recently is watching the Vols but man is it worth it I just wish they could have a game that doesn't come down to the last possession every once in a while

Should have beaten A&M I still can't get over that game

I've noticed on days off and the day before a day off I have a lot less symptoms most notably stomach pain. It definitely supports this is all anxiety and stress related

VN Store

Back