The Alabama Dilemma ( for Vol fans)

Does may hatred for the Tide matter more than UT finishing the year 3-4 spots higher in the polls? is it better for Bama to suffer an ignominious defeat and be able to watch their fans suffer a little of what they dish out to all us underlings ? Or, should I be a loyal SEC promoter , cause whats good for Bama is good for the SEC and by extension UT? If Clemson wins, the CBS and ESPN talking heads will have a field day -" cause they knew all along the SEC aint what it used to be " Maybe the BIG Ten boosters will keep quiet because of the pathetic showing by Ohio State. Michigan , Iowa ,etc.etc. but the ACC pimps will be in hog heaven. What say you- Vol Nation?
Most of the time i pull for the SEC. But when Alabama, Florida, are playing football i pull for who ever they play. Same in basketball i pull for who ever Kentucky plays. Their fans are just hard to be around when they play.

Reactions: 1 person
Does may hatred for the Tide matter more than UT finishing the year 3-4 spots higher in the polls? is it better for Bama to suffer an ignominious defeat and be able to watch their fans suffer a little of what they dish out to all us underlings ? Or, should I be a loyal SEC promoter , cause whats good for Bama is good for the SEC and by extension UT? If Clemson wins, the CBS and ESPN talking heads will have a field day -" cause they knew all along the SEC aint what it used to be " Maybe the BIG Ten boosters will keep quiet because of the pathetic showing by Ohio State. Michigan , Iowa ,etc.etc. but the ACC pimps will be in hog heaven. What say you- Vol Nation?

Nothing better than a Bama loss, ever. They are actually picking which 5 star player they want now. Its embarrassing. Now if they lose the championship takes the shine off.

i'm rooting for clemson, but the reality is these are the two best programs in college football right now, so anyone thinking that either team losing is going to derail their progress or status is mistaken.

it makes it easier that they're playing clemson, i don't hate them. if they were playing OSU or Michigan, i'd be pulling for Bama.

:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no: and H@LL :no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no: that you will pull for bama' no matter what you don't even think of it as a fan of 48 year's you always say FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF bama and little nicky mouse nick every chance you get all i got to say is FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF bama and GO VOLS BUCK BAMA:clapping:

I figure any loss just brings Saban back for another season. The only thing that will hasten his retirement is accomplishment. Saban is a kidney stone. We need to bear the pain and just keep him moving outward.

Regardless of Saban, in any sport I always want the SEC to win. When the conference loses, it only makes Tennessee look worse. When talking to relatives up north, I like referring to the SEC Championship Game as the de facto National Championship game.

Now, I can't stand to watch some teams... I can't actively cheer for some... but I'll follow their scores on the crawl or online and mutter, "You better win, you punk, classless SOBs!"

And sometimes I'll use the abbreviation "SOB" instead of spelling out G-a-t-o-r.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Always support the SEC against the world. It's like brothers fighting each other, sisters fighting each other, or brothers and sisters fighting each other. But, let some else try to step in, then they must fight the whole bunch of brothers and sisters. Go SEC..

With all the bandwagon fans bama has, they would lose half their fan base. He would get fired. They only follow and spend money when they are winning. Once they start losing, they jump off quick. That's just the way it is.

Beat bama!

Does this sound like what many on this site think of our fan base?? Seems like all you have to do is change "band wagon bama fans" to "bandwagon UT fans".

Okay, let me make this clear, I don't pull for Alabama for any reason, under any circumstances!! If you want to I guess that's your business but "I" don't think any Vol fan should, because I can tell you they are not pulling for you!! If you had lived down here and listened to all the Phil jokes and witnessed the glee in their eyes and in their voice when things started to go south you wouldn't either! Also, for future reference, I don't pull for Florida, Georgia, or Vanderbilt!!

Sorry but I couldn't pull for Bama even they were playing satan. Screw CBS, nobody cares what they think. ESPN hates us.

;-(

TennesseeDuke

I thought this post was going to be about whether UT fans should want to keep Bama as a permanent cross division opponent or not.

If you UT finishes higher in the polls, it should be because of what they did on the field and not because of what another team doesn't do. Go Tigers and Go Vols

If Jones and company can't keep elite players in state, then there are bigger problems with recruiting than Clemson winning tomorrow night.

And Bama is likely going after the exact same players so I don't buy the proximity argument.

Bama and Clemson have two glaring differences that make Clemson a bigger threat to us.

1) Generally speaking, Instate talent in Alabama is much better that South Carolina. Clemson must go out of state to seek talent.
2) Bama is able to cherry pick recruits all over the nation, while Clemson still recruits heavily in the SouthEast.

VN Store

Back