The 2022 NBA Thread (Kyrie is still a clown edition)

Meh, he's just shooting more. Shooting efficiency is same (below league average) as his rookie year. His assists are barely up from last year but turnovers are up significantly.
+6 points per game, career highs across the board, including shooting percentage. I agree with Allen and Bane being up there, too. We will see

As of right now, where do you all think Kennedy Chandler goes in the draft ? 20+ ?

+6 points per game, career highs across the board, including shooting percentage. I agree with Allen and Bane being up there, too. We will see

His shot distribution has become worse (relativley fewer layups and 3's) which has resulted in stagnant efficiency, despite higher FG% and 3P%. He's shooting way too many floaters at 38%.

1638909770197.png

His shot distribution has become worse (relativley fewer layups and 3's) which has resulted in stagnant efficiency, despite higher FG% and 3P%. He's shooting way too many floaters at 38%.

View attachment 418488
Ok, I really don't care enough to argue about it, before all the injuries they were winning, now they are struggling, so he probably is forcing it too much. So far, his career year, tho.

Edit: I care more about what pick you think KC goes

That's a good one. Even though his improvement (statistically speaking) is basically just a shooting volume increase, he's nearly doubled his volume and his efficiency is awesome.

I can accept that. Through another lens, increased volume and playing time didn't negatively impact his performance.

I can accept that. Through another lens, increased volume and playing time didn't negatively impact his performance.

My favorite thing about him is his edge. It's real. He's not pretending. And he seems to know how to push buttons without going too far.

My favorite thing about him is his edge. It's real. He's not pretending. And he seems to know how to push buttons without going too far.

Do you know where to find Def RTG stats by game? His +/- this season is worse, but I think it is just a function of him playing more minutes with Ja's terrible D.

Do you know where to find Def RTG stats by game? His +/- this season is worse, but I think it is just a function of him playing more minutes with Ja's terrible D.

No, I don't. I wouldn't conclude much from that. Advanced defensive stats are hard to put much faith in.

I can pretty much figure out what kind of offensive player somebody is just by looking at the stats, but I can't do that with D. You gotta look at rebounds, steals, blocks, and fouls collectively, and then watch how they actually play D. Some guys don't foul and get steals and rebounds because they're gamblers who don't play with consistent effort (Harden). Some guys don't clean up on rebounds and steals because they're always taking the hardest assignment (Klay). In Bane's case, he's about average for his position across those categories, so then you would balance that against the eye test and his role.

But IDK how useful the eye test even is. A huge component of the modern NBA is just knowing where to be and when to be there. I can watch a game and I can say that a guy seems to know where to be, but I don't actually know for sure. I don't know their schemes. I can tell when there was a blown assignment, but I don't always know whose fault it was.

Last edited:
The team D since Ja went out has been night and day. I struggle to think that it was all Ja, but with each game seems more like it is. Quality of opponents plays a role as well.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I joke about Monk but for the last 2 weeks, he should be getting more minutes than Bradley and THT combined.

I like THT but that dude takes 500 dribbles just to move 3 inches more than anyone not named Beal and Kyrie.

VN Store

Back