Day 3 – “Pull”
Seated Row Cable Machine 3 X 5 – 7

Lat pulldown Cable Machine 3 X 6 – 8

Barbell Shrugs 3 X 8 – 10

Face Pulls Cable Machine 2 X 10 – 12

Barbell Curl 2 X 8 – 10

Dumbbell Hammer Curl 2 X 8 – 10

Day 4 - Rest (Abs only)

My main goal this time is to not injure myself. I tried a weight lifting program in 2022 and 2023, and both times I injured myself. I’m currently recovering from tennis elbow, so I can go hard on leg days, but I’m gradually implementing my push/pull routine. I’m using very light weights, focusing on strict technique, and slowly adding reps and lbs. I’m also doing some forearm rehab exercises to help with the tennis elbow. I think my problem at the beginning of this year was taking every set to failure - that was just overworking my muscles and tendons, leading to tennis elbow. So I’m thinking long term now - years. I’ll stick to 2-3 reps in reserve on all sets, and rarely go to failure. No more injuries for me!

I did a pure barbell program for about 16-18 weeks. Low reps, low sets, heavy weight, basic lifts. Really saw a lot of strength gains. Got a friend in my apartment building that wants to get back into running, so we're scheduled for an early November 10k. I'm running and doing more muscle endurance lifting until then.

I did a pure barbell program for about 16-18 weeks. Low reps, low sets, heavy weight, basic lifts. Really saw a lot of strength gains. Got a friend in my apartment building that wants to get back into running, so we're scheduled for an early November 10k. I'm running and doing more muscle endurance lifting until then.
Try time under tension, with less weight and slow negatives.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
After cutting some unwanted fat, I'm trying to put on a little lean muscle. Sans Tren, anyone have suggestions aside from creatine cycle, BCAAs, and plenty of protein?

Try time under tension, with less weight and slow negatives.

Yes, this is essentially what I’m doing right now. I’m slowing down each rep, especially the eccentric phase, trying to maintain proper technique throughout all of the reps. I added weight too quickly a few months ago, leading to injuries. I still planning on adding weight, but I’ll make sure my technique is perfect before adding more.

After cutting some unwanted fat, I'm trying to put on a little lean muscle. Sans Tren, anyone have suggestions aside from creatine cycle, BCAAs, and plenty of protein?

Do you know what your caloric maintenance is? For best results, you’ll want to eat a little bit more than your maintenance. My maintenance is about 2400 calories per day, so I tried to eat around 2600 every day when I was trying to add muscle. It definitely worked.

Also, eat your kilogram weight in carbs and at least half of your kilogram weight in protein one hour before your workout and within 2 hours after your workout. For example, I weigh about 70 kg, so I would try to eat at least 70 grams of carbs and 35 grams of protein at breakfast and then do the same thing again for my post-workout meal. I ate lots of rice, oats, syrup, honey on toast/bagels, fruit, and skim milk. Whey protein powder is excellent for quick protein. I eat Gold Standard Whey Protein Isolate. It tastes pretty good when you mix it with milk. Also, Chobani zero sugar yogurt is excellent for quick protein. Any Greek yogurt is, but if you eat the full fat yogurt, just be conscious of your overall calories. That stuff is loaded with calories.

Do you know what your caloric maintenance is? For best results, you’ll want to eat a little bit more than your maintenance. My maintenance is about 2400 calories per day, so I tried to eat around 2600 every day when I was trying to add muscle. It definitely worked.

Also, eat your kilogram weight in carbs and at least half of your kilogram weight in protein one hour before your workout and within 2 hours after your workout. For example, I weigh about 70 kg, so I would try to eat at least 70 grams of carbs and 35 grams of protein at breakfast and then do the same thing again for my post-workout meal. I ate lots of rice, oats, syrup, honey on toast/bagels, fruit, and skim milk. Whey protein powder is excellent for quick protein. I eat Gold Standard Whey Protein Isolate. It tastes pretty good when you mix it with milk. Also, Chobani zero sugar yogurt is excellent for quick protein. Any Greek yogurt is, but if you eat the full fat yogurt, just be conscious of your overall calories. That stuff is loaded with calories.

This. Your physician should be able to give you your BMR, basal metabolic rate, or how many calories your body operates on daily just to keep you alive.

Mine is 3600, so I have to set a ridiculous amount of food to gain weight because how many calories you burn working out, doing chores, playing sports, etc.

ETA: I aimed for a net surplus of 500 calories per day, so I could hit my goal of 3500 calories (a pound plus of added muscle with the right protein intake)

Last edited:

I eat a very low carb diet and cut way back on night time calories, which is how I shed the belly fat. 8 cm around my waist seems like a lot! I still don't have really cut abs, which is a goal. So, I hate to add back in too many carb calories.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I eat a very low carb diet and cut way back on night time calories, which is how I shed the belly fat. 8 cm around my waist seems like a lot! I still don't have really cut abs, which is a goal. So, I hate to add back in too many carb calories.

I understand that mindset, because I also ate pretty low carb when I was losing weight. Once I reached a healthy weight at 15% body fat, I wanted to gain muscle. I was also afraid to start eating a high carb diet, but remember, gaining weight is the exact opposite from losing weight, so you have to eat differently to gain muscle than you do when you’re losing weight. When I began eating high carb and in a 200 calorie surplus every day, was gaining about half a pound a week, but my waist was not getting bigger. All the weight I was gaining was muscle.

When I was losing weight, I was eating 2-3 meals per day, and I was fasting for 14-18 hours every day. Then, when I started working on gaining muscle, I started eating 4 meals per day (pre-workout, post-workout, lunch, dinner), but I was still fasting for about 10-12 hours each day. I would eat every 3-4 hours to fuel my exhausted muscles, and they grew. I noticed a huge difference after just 2 months.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
This. Your physician should be able to give you your BMR, basal metabolic rate, or how many calories your body operates on daily just to keep you alive.

Mine is 3600, so I have to set a ridiculous amount of food to gain weight because how many calories you burn working out, doing chores, playing sports, etc.

ETA: I aimed for a net surplus of 500 calories per day, so I could hit my goal of 3500 calories (a pound plus of added muscle with the right protein intake)

Man, I wish I could eat that much every day. I definitely have the appetite for it. Eating is my favorite thing to do!

VN Store

Back