That Shouldve been a win

Saying things like i would rather lose by 21 than by 5 suggests that you don't stand by your team. What it shows is that you would selfishly prefer an outcome that would make the team appear worse so that you can feel less but thirst about the loss. Turn it in son.

This this this. Also, we have games left to play. Getting blown out is bad for team moral and all the games we have left we will be favored in. I don't want a team meltdown going into the stretch that can salvage this season and keep our recruiting momentum.

Reactions: 1 person
I do think we earned some more respect that we can hang with anybody in the country, just need to learn to finish a game.

Actually, they need to take advantage of opportunities. 3 missed field goals is sickening. Every kicker has misses but Medley is not correcting it. He either needs a lucky charm, hypnotherapy, or to tie one shoe in a double knot. He has the leg, but he needs to get his head right out there. He hits those, we are lighting up K-Town tonight.

Go home op, you're drunk.

We were a 15 point dog on the road to one of, if not, the best team in the country. We walked in there with a patchwork true freshman OL and went toe to toe. If you think this is on the coaches you're crazy and part of the reason our fan base is considered the most ridiculous in the country. Please stop with the dumb a** posts.

WHO CARES who ****ing cares what people predict, its the play on the field that counts, and in this case its the kicker on the field that counts, but our play on the field out played theirs, we played the better game

WHO CARES who ****ing cares what people predict, its the play on the field that counts, and in this case its the kicker on the field that counts, but our play on the field out played theirs, we played the better game

Seriously, you have to be the most irrational person on this board. I get it, Medley was horrible and in a sophomore slump, but don't act like we didn't have a chance to win against more than likely the best team in the country. And yes we played the better game, but sometimes that still doesn't mean you win, ala Michigan last week.

you ***cers are soft, if you can accept tonights loss because "we were a 15 point underdog" or "we werent even supposed to be in that game"

If we had a field goal kicker we would have won.

I'm as guilty as anyone to say this, but in reality we don't know this. Making a field goal would put a completely different scenario on the field for both teams, which could result in different type of play calling, aggressiveness, or anything. Bottom line, in most cases, we just don't know unless it was one at the end of a game like FL.

Ok. No question Medley is a wanker. But just take solace in the fact that we may have turned a corner last game.

If you expected to have a fourth quarter lead against Alabama, you're delusional. Today was very encouraging. I wanted the win, but what are you going to do? Fire coaches?

Yes it matters. It shows we're getting talent to compete. It shows with a couple more recruiting classes we should be competing for SEC championships. I have no clue why people like you are so dense and can't see that.

Agree with you. We will be competing for the SEC next season if we can stay relatively healthy, unlike this season.

Ok. No question Medley is a wanker. But just take solace in the fact that we may have turned a corner last game.

If you expected to have a fourth quarter lead against Alabama, you're delusional. Today was very encouraging. I wanted the win, but what are you going to do? Fire coaches?

this was stupid, no I didnt expect to have a fourth quarter lead, never said that, fire a coach? no ive said several times how well the coaches did

Gruden is never coming here no matter what. We are headed for 8-4 just like most people thought. When we have the depth, we will win these going away.

It should have been a win.

I'm almost pleased that I was interested in the game for 59 minutes.

The fact is, Medley has not hit 40+ yard field goals for two years. And Butch called "analytics" earlier in the season.

This loss is on Butch (again). He has to own it.

I'm pleased that we are on an upward trajectory and we can compete with everybody again.

But Butch damn well better put together a special season in 2016 and stop all the F-ups, or the boosters better find an AD who will get Gruden ON THE FREAKIN' HILL!

They were within moments of beating one of the best teams in the country ( despite Bama's loss ) . This was a 16 point Vegas spread . The game was lost in most peoples minds coming in ...the fact that we were in the conversation at the end is on Butch , his staff , and the players . We have lost some close games to some good teams , while we still have some freshmen wholes and depth issues ...and yet the improvements continue . Recruiting , USCe win , UGA win , Bowl trip , big bowl win . I have no reason to think the improvements will not continue

Would you rather it be like most years were the Tide jumps out to a 21-3 lead and cruises to a easy victory or battle and bruise it till the final snap

Se have 4 and 5 starts too now. It was never going to be a blow out. People that thought that were ignrorant and lives in the past. They just choked. Again.

UT played a good game, just came up short. There's no such thing as a moral victory. Just need our young Vols to go back to work.

I was the only one on the board (it felt like) that still supported Butch, ad the only one that still support Dobbs, and you ***cers telling me to turn in my fan card, where were you during those times? id really like to know

does it matter either way? its still a loss, but to answer your question, yes id rather get blown out because that way I wouldnt have gotten my heart broken again

Then you're a weak ass poser..... Vols need tougher fans..... Not panty wearing poons

Yes it matters. It shows we're getting talent to compete. It shows with a couple more recruiting classes we should be competing for SEC championships. I have no clue why people like you are so dense and can't see that.

Most are not dense, they are sick of losing just as I am. However, we are getting better and wins are gonna start following. Our OL maybe better now than 2 weeks ago. Our D is playing better even with all the injuries. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Our players played the most talented CFB team for 60 minutes and came up just a little bit short. Wins are coming.....

UT played a good game, just came up short. There's no such thing as a moral victory. Just need our young Vols to go back to work.

This^......this team is getting better and more confident. I know everyone is tired of hearing the youth excuses, but the fact is a lot of Fr played today. Not just spot duty either. They played a lot of meaningful minutes and did very well for the most part.

Reactions: 2 people

Hence why they could've won. The predictions and all are based on talent and how they've played prior to this game. That's why saying they should have won is dumb. This team should be 4-3, and could be 6-1, maybe 7-0.

I don't have any reason to believe that a field goal kicker is the reason we lost. NFL kickers miss 50-yarders. Instead get mad that we didn't do anything to help distance by running shorter 3rd down plays that gave our kicker more manageable distances.

And it's not that the short routes weren't available. Dobbs just went for the 1st instead of taking the yards and getting set up better for points.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back