That ones on Hooker

I don't think we had to win the game. It would've been nice but Hooker just didn't have it tonight IMO.
I like Hooker and his moxie he brings...but I'm not gonna make excuses for him either.
He'll shake it off and let's go steam roll S.AL and secure our bowl game and then slap Vandy around

Reactions: FlVols
Spoiled? Of course not...his stats are good but stats aren't the whole story...Hooker looked bad tonight, he played bad and looked confused running so yeah he had a very bad game...
He had a very bad quarter in the 2nd ill give you that. Aside from that I would say he had a slightly above average game.

I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO

You can't forget he was also bearing the weight of thousands of fans with chronically low self-esteem.

What’s the difference between “must win” and “a must win type of situation”? Evans being out put more pressure on the passing game. They were getting in the backfield with only 4 D lineman. It wasn’t his best game but who has had a good game against GA this year? Some “fans” are so bi-polar and will turn on the team in an instant.

I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO
It was his worst game by far. But I’d advise against complaining too much. There are rumblings on this board from a few who want to go back to Milton.

I see , as usual, nobody read or intelligent enough to to understand whole post.

1st. I did not expect Tennessee to win. , but cheered for them the whole way

2nd. I'm just stating the truth that Hooker played poorly , especially when the team was playing on all cylinders. His over throws and interceptions stopped all momentum, causing the #1 team to take advantage.

All I'm saying is that if he is a true # Hooker gotta alotta growing to do

Give props when you win. Take responsibility when you lose.

He had a very bad quarter in the 2nd ill give you that. Aside from that I would say he had a slightly above average game.
Ok that's fine...
He'll get'm next week...
I don't think Hooker lost us the game but I think the coaches didn't coach a good game IMO..
There were some questionable calls and if we got to stop QB's from running on 3rd and long.
Hopefully we take care of that with some good transfers and portal

Did you really mean to hit the 'enter' button?

Scored more than anyone else has🤷🏻‍♂️

Best defense the world has seen in 80 years. Give credit where it’s due... they are EXTREMELY hard to execute against. People need to quit comparing real life football to Madden.

I understand that 80 years was a generalization, however as much as it hurts to say this, Alabama defense in 1992 was epic great. They allowed 9.2 points per game and 6 players from the defensive line group alone drafted in NFL. Best I have seen in 64 years of football fandom (although every opinion is different And I respect them all). Tough thing for a Vol fan to admit, lol.

Reactions: bpalmer28

South Alabama is a must win. 😂

You are so full of crap, we would be nowhere close to where we are without him

1 bad game and you start blaming, where would we be without him,pull for another team

You cannot lay this loss on just one player. We are undermanned and have done amazingly well this year. We absolutely need to get some horses either thru recruiting or the transfer portal. I'm still proud of my team and proud to be a VFL.

I said "type of situation " bit of course you don't see that. I'm just saying if this dude the "next savior " we are hurting

Hooker has been fantastic this year. He is a huge upgrade to what we have had since Josh Dobbs. While he didn't have his best game against the #1 team I have no complaints with Hookers play. He is played a key part to Teneeseee putting up more points against that defense then another other offense this year

I see , as usual, nobody read or intelligent enough to to understand whole post.

1st. I did not expect Tennessee to win. , but cheered for them the whole way

2nd. I'm just stating the truth that Hooker played poorly , especially when the team was playing on all cylinders. His over throws and interceptions stopped all momentum, causing the #1 team to take advantage.

All I'm saying is that if he is a true # Hooker gotta alotta growing to do

Give props when you win. Take responsibility when you lose.
No one is saying Hooker doesn’t need to improve but his play is the No. 1 reason we will likely go bowling this year.

VN Store

Back