That ones on Hooker

It’s not a must win, we will win our last two and finish 7-5. Beating Georgia tonight (while being amazing) does nothing in the standings in the East.

Hooker had 244 passing yards 1 TD 1 pick against and elite defense. Settle down.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Your extremely football ignorant if you think that loss was “on” Hooker.

That loss was “because” of Georgia…….period.

They got all the talent in the world…….most (not all) of Tennessee’s “talent” left.

This is a rag tag scrappy Tennessee team that tries hard…….they simply don’t have enough talent.

Well said Jo.

Disagree about not taking the FG. We're down 14 to the #1 team in the country with the #1 defense in the country. Vols have just driven it down the field and we come away with nothing.
Ditto.... shoulda took the points. It changes the game.

like Florida was Manning’s fault when he threw 4 picks in the first quarter his junior year?

I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO
75B8FE47-8697-428B-A392-25AFE063257E.gif

Had 4 clear overthrows that I saw. Held the ball and stood in the pocket too long but thats not a new thing. Still my QB

I bet you could throw a football over them mountains…if coach woulda put you in the fourth quarter we woulda won state no doubt

I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO

Wow. Hooker lovers. Must win. Your entire post is invalidated because of those two statements. Take a nap.

Reactions: JoAllan

No it wasn’t. Our defense was just as culpable.

Any time I start to have hope for humanity, a quick trip to the football forum post-loss (and sometimes post-win) brings me back to reality.

My soda fizzed over and had way too much ice. Hooker's fault, obviously.

That was a non-spilling ice situation for me. You can’t be a number one soda pourer if you are overfilling drinks.

Reactions: AshG
I see , as usual, nobody read or intelligent enough to to understand whole post.

1st. I did not expect Tennessee to win. , but cheered for them the whole way

2nd. I'm just stating the truth that Hooker played poorly , especially when the team was playing on all cylinders. His over throws and interceptions stopped all momentum, causing the #1 team to take advantage.

All I'm saying is that if he is a true # Hooker gotta alotta growing to do

Give props when you win. Take responsibility when you lose.
If you don't like the heat, then maybe you shouldn't have come out of the gate with "must win type situation". Honestly, that was kind of a dumb statement....

He is still the best QB we have and 1 of the top 3 QB’s in the conference. Not only was his play bad, but Hueple had a bad day play calling as well. Either way this team is headed in the right direction and we are gonna be fine under Hueple.

Go try out then

VN Store

Back