That ones on Hooker

But they are vulnerable in the secondary
Problem is in giving your qb the time for the receivers to get open not to mention one of your best WRs being out of the game due to injury. UGA has the ability to play press. They've got the front 7 or should I say front 14 to really bring the heat. Not a lot of time for a qb to sit there and take advantage of a secondary. I despise UGA more than any other program, but it's really hard to exploit a perceived weakness with a roster like that. Unless they gift you several mistakes and turnovers, not many teams will be able to take advantage of them. UTs roster certainly can't....at least not this year...or next. Maybe by Heupels 3rd season?

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Problem is in giving your qb the time for the receivers to get open not to mention one of your best WRs being out of the game due to injury. UGA has the ability to play press. They've got the front 7 or should I say front 14 to really bring the heat. Not a lot of time for a qb to sit there and take advantage of a secondary. I despise UGA more than any other program, but it's really hard to exploit a perceived weakness with a roster like that. Unless they gift you several mistakes and turnovers, not many teams will be able to take advantage of them. UTs roster certainly can't....at least not this year...or next. Maybe by Heupels 3rd season?
Hooker missed some wide open downfield throws yesterday.

I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO
Get over it! Our defense was not going to stop them. We are under manned for a couple of years and everyone needs to realize it!

Hooker was off all night, starting with that wide open bomb he missed to start the game. If he would have been as sharp as he was at Alabama, we make this a game. They still probably beat us by two TD’s, but that game is a lot closer if he is on.

This was not a must win, although we all thought the offensive would play better. Georgia’s D did to us what they have done all year with all 4&5 star players, stuff the offense and make big plays.

Gasp, HH demonstrated that he is HUMAN and can’t single handedly carry the entire team every week 🙄.
There is still not a single QB in the league for which I would trade him.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
If the guy was going to have an off day, and everyone does from time to time, I would rather him have it in a game we were probably going to lose anyway. It would have been a killer if he had been off in the Kentucky game. He'll bounce back.

I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO

Do you think freak makes up a fake account and posts outrageous stuff like this just to get responses/clicks?

(JK Freak. I have nothing but respect for you and your site)

Bigun take your ass out there against the number one defense in the country and not miss any throws. I’ll hang up and listen….

Reactions: CDB
Gasp, HH demonstrated that he is HUMAN and can’t single handedly carry the entire team every week 🙄.
There is still not a single QB in the league for which I would trade him.
Right!

And he made like one really bad mistake and like maybe 3 other inaccurate throws. That's it. Still had plenty of good. We are just used to him not making any mistakes whatsoever. Most QB's make at least some mistakes every game.

Reactions: CDB
This game just echoed the talent disparity. He clearly didn't/couldn't trust his o-line against that front. That more than anything caused him to rush throws and be inaccurate....yes he didn't play his best game, but it would have taken all three phases to play thier best for four quarters to compete with them that day. You can't lay this loss at Hooker's feet. This was no "must win type of situation", whatever that means. He clearly gives this team the best chance to win. I don't know what your expectations were, but they clearly weren't reasonable. He more than anyone is the reason we've been as successful as we have been up to this point.

BS. This one’s on him? BS. This one’s on the entire team, including him, and coaching staff…just like all our Ws. Get real.

I didn’t think he had an awful game honestly. Wasn’t up to his usual standard but playing the best defense will do that to you. He had opportunities and misses for sure. Not sure people understand how much half a second less time effects how a qb sees the field.
Come on man, playing QB against the best D in the country, how hard can it be? I'm quite sure that many of the "professional fans" on here could do it better than Hooker, right?..... 🤪

Had 4 clear overthrows that I saw. Held the ball and stood in the pocket too long but thats not a new thing. Still my QB
A couple of those overthrows were the right thing to do. One would have been intercepted if thrown catchable and another had to be lofted over a defensive tackles hand. I wonder if the time was taken to see how other quarterbacks fared against Ga. what would you see. Hendon Hooker is the man and without him we would not have a projected seven win season--maybe five.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
One of the worst posts of the year. Have you ever played the game?

I said "type of situation " bit of course you don't see that. I'm just saying if this dude the "next savior " we are hurting
Don’t think anyone believes he is the “Savior”, but he is 💯 percent better than what we had last year and has plenty of heart. Just think where we would be if Garantomino ( I know it’s wrong🤣) was under center for his 5th year. Or was it 6..7.

Had 4 clear overthrows that I saw. Held the ball and stood in the pocket too long but thats not a new thing. Still my QB
That’s the #1 defense in the country we just put up over 400 yds on with 1 running back 2 back up offensive lineman and missing out best deep threat for 3/4 of the game. Scored 17 pts and 3 other drives inside the 15 on them. We are light years ahead of schedule with this staff and mash unit we are playing with!

:D:pSome folks shouldn't start a thread. Take a whoopee cushion out of petty cash.

Our O line has been allowing a TON of sacks all season. It shouldn’t have surprised anyone that they would struggle against the #1 D line in the country. Hooker was obviously frustrated that he wasn’t able to play up to his standard. The only issue I had was he held the ball and took the sacks instead of getting rid of it.

VN Store

Back