That ones on Hooker

Our OLins got whooped!!!!!!! We have to get a lot better by next year. I know GA is good bur we got embarrassed again on CBS.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
I understand that 80 years was a generalization, however as much as it hurts to say this, Alabama defense in 1992 was epic great. They allowed 9.2 points per game and 6 players from the defensive line group alone drafted in NFL. Best I have seen in 64 years of football fandom (although every opinion is different And I respect them all). Tough thing for a Vol fan to admit, lol.
I didn’t see that team. Was just 6 years old, so I’ll take your word for it. 9.2 ppg is great. Not even sure what this UGA team’s average ppg is but to be this good in this era of football is amazing

He was clearly off today and of all days today was not the day to be off.
But this happens to all QBs and the greats find a way to have bad days against bad teams so it doesn’t matter as much. Regardless we are still exactly where I thought we’d be coming into this game, 2 games away from going 7-5.

Hooker has 23 TDs and 3 INTs with over 2,000 yards this year and nearly 500 on the ground.

What are we talking about anyway?
Nobody’s discrediting how great he’s been all season and I don’t think this loss is on him but he played terrible today

Hooker had the best game vs Georgia of any QB this year. Had a wide receiver inexplicably stutter step on what would have been another long td or he'd have had 300 yards. He made two or three bad throws tonight. It was a miracle he made so few considering the defense and the offensive line around him. He was also without the best running back on the team and without one of his top receivers from early on in the game. The truth is, when you factor in context and opponent, he had an above average game.

I'm not impressed with Georgia especially their offense. that was a very winnable game in my eyes
Easily Best team in the country now but not unbeatable. Ole Miss and Pitt were winnable, no chance in this game with our roster. The only hope was to keep the score as respectable as we could possibly do. We accomplished that.

I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO

Can't blame our QBs. If you run for 75 yds in the SEC you're QB is a sitting duck and you're going to lose.

Don’t get the must win at all. We were playing with house money. We played well but not well enough to beat #1. I like that we went for it on 4th down instead of settling for field goals just to put points the board. If we only were down less than 14 then kick, but you’re not gonna beat those guys by kicking field goals. All boils down to playing with pride. We played hard, but don’t have the depth to compete for 60 with teams of this caliber just yet. I believe we have a bright future with this coach. Go Vols!!!

Reactions: kcvols1
Our OLins got whooped!!!!!!! We have to get a lot better by next year. I know GA is good bur we got embarrassed again on CBS.
Georgia has whipped every OL they have faced including Clemson. Relax and enjoy the next two games and a bowl win this year. You will be much happier.

I know there is a bunch of Hooker lovers out there, this was his worst game. Especially in a must win type situation. He was off in his throws and took sacks when he could throw it away. I know we were playing the #1 team, if you are a special kind of QB you can't be that off. ANYWAYS. #GBO

His worst game would have been Guaranturnovermo's best game.

I said "type of situation " bit of course you don't see that. I'm just saying if this dude the "next savior " we are hurting

You: "Hooker is terrible! We're in trouble with him at quarterback!"

Hooker's stat line: 24-37 244 1 TD 1 INT against a team that allowed more than 14 points for the first time this season tonight

Now, you see how silly that sounds?

Yeah the talent of the depth chart showed her ugly ole face again. It's gonna take a few years once again!

Not all on Hooker at all. There are other people out there that affect the plays like the O-Line and some passes could have been caught. He threw the ball away a few times because nobody was open. Georgia has the best defense in the country, there isn't much else to say. He played a good game despite how it may have looked, his stats were pretty good and we scored more on them than anyone else did.

Not all on Hooker at all. There are other people out there that affect the plays like the O-Line and some passes could have been caught. He threw the ball away a few times because nobody was open. Georgia has the best defense in the country, there isn't much else to say. He played a good game despite how it may have looked, his stats were pretty good and we scored more on them than anyone else did.

Starting around the 2nd quarter, I think we weren't running the ball enough, so Georgia, just pinned their ears back and brought the pressure.

Don’t get the must win at all. We were playing with house money. We played well but not well enough to beat #1. I like that we went for it on 4th down instead of settling for field goals just to put points the board. If we only were down less than 14 then kick, but you’re not gonna beat those guys by kicking field goals. All boils down to playing with pride. We played hard, but don’t have the depth to compete for 60 with teams of this caliber just yet. I believe we have a bright future with this coach. Go Vols!!!

Disagree about not taking the FG. We're down 14 to the #1 team in the country with the #1 defense in the country. Vols have just driven it down the field and we come away with nothing.

Had 4 clear overthrows that I saw. Held the ball and stood in the pocket too long but thats not a new thing. Still my QB

Good grief, do any of you ever pay attention to how football works? When a defense gets pressure, it puts QBs under duress. And when a defense gets enormous pressure like Georgia after the first few possessions, it creates mistakes.

Yes, Hooker was spotty at best after the end of the first quarter, but you can put that on the prowess of Georgia’s Front 7 more than anything. One of the more impressive fronts I’ve seen in a while. And really makes me miss the days of Henderson, Haynesworth, etc.

You still win up front in this league, and we aren’t there yet.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
not a good night but is only destructive (or stupid) to blame this loss on a single plsyer.

Players and coaches will heal, watch film, practice hard, and prepare for the next game while others on the outside point the finger of blame.

This is a good team with some great individual talent. I’ll stand with them all.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I hate uga, but anyone that expected us to win that game isn’t smart. It’s that simple, if you thought we would win tonight you are not a smart person.

I always thought I was a negavol, but the people talking **** and blaming a QB that has really given us a chance to be respectable for the first time in 15 years have made me realize that maybe I’m just slightly pessimistic.

VN Store

Back