Thanks

preacherman20

I know I keep pushing about staying positive toward our guys and coaches but I must admit on behalf of the parents, since I think I'm the only one on here. Thank you to VolNation for keeping me clear headed most of this year and thank you to Big Orange Country for supporting our guys and coaches. I had to watch from church tonight but did put it on a big screen (20' X14'). It is great to see LNS packed all weekend. I know that will not be a problem next weekend but just wanted to say thanks. Incredible ride for these guys because I don't think there is realistically a player or parents who thought this would be possible. Most of these guys were recruited when the team was in last place or next to last. My son's bucket list was play in SEC (check), play in Hoover at least once (check), play in a regional (check) didn't care if they hosted or not so that was icing, the rest was a dream and now he gets to play in super and possibly go to Omaha. I tried to take him to Omaha when we lived in Missouri and he said no dad I want my first trip to Omaha to be on a bus and my first time stepping into that stadium to be in uniform. GBO!

I know I keep pushing about staying positive toward our guys and coaches but I must admit on behalf of the parents, since I think I'm the only one on here. Thank you to VolNation for keeping me clear headed most of this year and thank you to Big Orange Country for supporting our guys and coaches. I had to watch from church tonight but did put it on a big screen (20' X14'). It is great to see LNS packed all weekend. I know that will not be a problem next weekend but just wanted to say thanks. Incredible ride for these guys because I don't think there is realistically a player or parents who thought this would be possible. Most of these guys were recruited when the team was in last place or next to last. My son's bucket list was play in SEC (check), play in Hoover at least once (check), play in a regional (check) didn't care if they hosted or not so that was icing, the rest was a dream and now he gets to play in super and possibly go to Omaha. I tried to take him to Omaha when we lived in Missouri and he said no dad I want my first trip to Omaha to be on a bus and my first time stepping into that stadium to be in uniform. GBO!

THANK YOU SIR!! AND YOUR SON!!

Please tell yer boy, I appreciate him and all of them. They have brought so much joy to my home and my heart.

I hope he gets that bus ride, if they go, I go...

Let’s do this!!!

GO BIG ORANGE!!!

🧡

Your son is awesome. Love his charisma and swag and how he keeps everyone loose in the dugout! You can tell that’s he’s having a blast out there.

Good stuff OP!

I have watched more UT baseball this year than I have in a really long time. We may not be the most talented team in the tournament, but we sure are playing the hardest. We are playing for each other, and just having fun! These boys are having the time of their life right now. I have enjoyed just being a fan and watching!

GBO!!!!

Awesome post preacherman! I don’t know if you pass along things you see or hear on this site to your son, but if you do, tell him first, Vol nation is proud of him and all of the fellas! Tell him to have fun, play loose, play hard, give everything he has when called upon and leave everything on the field but also to soak it all in and enjoy the moment. Play first and foremost for himself, for his dreams and his hard work that has gotten him to this point. Second, play for his family who supported him, gave him opportunities and sacrificed to help him fulfill his dreams. Third, play for his teammates because these guys will probably be brothers for life and these are memories they will never forget. Play for his coaches who have poured their knowledge into him and believed in him. Play for the fans that have fallen in love with this team and bleed orange. A lot of people are rooting for these kids to win but a lot of people realize how special this team is, regardless if they get to Omaha or not and are proud of the renewed energy these guys have poured into and brought out of this athletic department. And finally(and most important)play for and give all the glory to the man upstairs, who has blessed him with everything I have listed! I am so proud of this team and these kids and it has been an honor to watch them, cheer for them, win and lose with them and I can’t wait to see these guys take the field this weekend! So don’t thank us preacherman, thank your son, from all of us, for giving us something to be proud of! Tell him to take it to LSU, don’t back down and let him know if things get tough on the field this weekend, it’s ok because Vol nation has their back and is right there with them!!
GO BIG ORANGE!!

Thank you all. Headed out to Montana for a baseball mission trip on my motorcycle. Then to Omaha next weekend.
Proud parent of #35

Didn’t realize you were Kirby’s dad. Your son gave my 5 year old son a ball before game 3 of UT-Arkansas series. He told me that #35 was his favorite vol now, even over Peyton. Haha

I am not a baseball expert, but the display of power today seemed so effortless. The swings were compact and natural and for the most part, it didn't look like they were swinging that hard. Do the coaches teach these swings, or are these guys, such good athletes, that they make it look easy? Or is it some of both?

Reactions: ArdentVol
Thank you all. Headed out to Montana for a baseball mission trip on my motorcycle. Then to Omaha next weekend.
Proud parent of #35

Kirby came over on Friday night and high-fived two little guys sitting next to me in RF. It made their night, they were so happy. The next day, two more little kids were there, and Vitello, after the victory, came walking straight over to them and high -fived those two little guys too. Not sure who was more star struck, them or me. LOL. Congrats to Kirby and all the team on the trip to Omaha. This year and last year sure have made some of those other previous poor years seem a little further away.

Proud parent of #35
Have a safe, fun, and memorable trip! Montana is one of my favorite places. Thanks to whomever in your family gave me the “world famous” Kirby T-shirt after Sunday’s game. It’s beyond the coolest shirt ever! My daughter almost cried—she was absolutely thrilled! Plus, Kirby is her favorite Vol, and we’ve been trying to figure out how to find one of those shirts ever since we heard about them on the Basilio show. She couldn’t believe it! He was so kind to all of the kids, and took the time to give high fives, and have his picture taken numerous times while having a huge smile. He’s winning over a new generation of little Vol fans, and is an amazing young man! You and your wife brought him up right!

Thank you to all who are posting in this thread. There are some wonderful people in this world and a lot of them are Tennessee fans and alumni. I appreciate someone calling me out when I fail to keep it positive. Praying that the Baseball Vols have an amazing good trip to Omaha and continue to pursue their education and passion for the game. They are excellent ambassadors for the University of Tennessee. You to Preacherman!

Have a safe, fun, and memorable trip! Montana is one of my favorite places. Thanks to whomever in your family gave me the “world famous” Kirby T-shirt after Sunday’s game. It’s beyond the coolest shirt ever! My daughter almost cried—she was absolutely thrilled! Plus, Kirby is her favorite Vol, and we’ve been trying to figure out how to find one of those shirts ever since we heard about them on the Basilio show. She couldn’t believe it! He was so kind to all of the kids, and took the time to give high fives, and have his picture taken numerous times while having a huge smile. He’s winning over a new generation of little Vol fans, and is an amazing young man! You and your wife brought him up right!

Post up a picture of said shirt please.

I might have to get one for my wife.

Proud parent of #35[/QUOTE

such a wonderful place to visit.
My dad spent hours fly-fishing in east tennessee and nc, but described trying to land trout in montana as being right next to heaven.

we visited there several years ago and he pointed out a place where he ordered trout flies from.

He would have taken great pleasure from watching your son and cheering for his Vols.

/ Always enjoy your posts, and learning how much your son has meant to so many.

VN Store

Back