Thanks

Omaha: The city that this gritty group of eclectic kids, a sensational coach and a football player named Peyton have been talking about for a looooooong time.!

Go Big Orange! We are proud of you young men!!

That was his middle brother, the one who designed the shirt and spoke on radio show. They did the shirt as a joke and it has caught on big time.
Please tell him THANK YOU! You have no idea how happy he made my daughter! Her hands were shaking and she was nearly in tears! I’ve never seen her like that other than when I took her to her first concert (Blake Shelton) LOL ! She thinks Kirby is the absolute best and loves all of his ”routines” and how he supports his teammates! she says that Kirby is the eptiome of cool! 👍1623785854950.jpeg

A high school friend of mine turned down multiple, free braves tickets in the 90's. His consistent response was my first MLB game will be as a player. This came true when he took the mound at Camden Yard. The psychology of this self fulfilling prophecy is really interesting.

I appreciate all the fun and excitement these guys have brought to me in a rough patch of life. All the winning aside, I just enjoy watching guys give there all in a Tennessee uniform.

Update on trip to Montana and Omaha.
4,527 miles, 10 states in 12 days. Super regional game in Knoxville, mission trip in Montana, drive back to Omaha for CWS, then drive home. Motorcycle took a little bit of a beating so we will have to clean her up, replace a few things and be ready for the next one. Had to put a new rear tire on her, have to get the porcupine quills out after hitting one in South Dakota, replace drivers side foot peg after hitting divider dodging semi tire, replace cup holder that broke and replace cup holder that was stolen. Drove 16 hours straight on the way out and the way back. I hope I never do that again. Fun trip but glad to be home. It was a fun trip. Not the outcome we wanted in Omaha but a neat experience. Son got to coach first base in CWS game for 2 innings which has to put him in a small crowd of players who have coached a base in CWS. Kirby is in Belize with VolLeaders for 12 days and then will go to Coastal Plains League in Forest City, NC starting July 8/9th.

Update on trip to Montana and Omaha.
4,527 miles, 10 states in 12 days. Super regional game in Knoxville, mission trip in Montana, drive back to Omaha for CWS, then drive home. Motorcycle took a little bit of a beating so we will have to clean her up, replace a few things and be ready for the next one. Had to put a new rear tire on her, have to get the porcupine quills out after hitting one in South Dakota, replace drivers side foot peg after hitting divider dodging semi tire, replace cup holder that broke and replace cup holder that was stolen. Drove 16 hours straight on the way out and the way back. I hope I never do that again. Fun trip but glad to be home. It was a fun trip. Not the outcome we wanted in Omaha but a neat experience. Son got to coach first base in CWS game for 2 innings which has to put him in a small crowd of players who have coached a base in CWS. Kirby is in Belize with VolLeaders for 12 days and then will go to Coastal Plains League in Forest City, NC starting July 8/9th.

When WVLT filmed my interview a few weeks ago, Kirby was on the field with Richard Jackson just messing around. My wife really likes Kirby because he always seems to be enjoying himself and looks like a great teammate. I chatted with Kirby and Richard for a bit. It was before the start of the regionals and they asked me about Omaha and my experience in 95. It's awesome now that they can tell others about theirs.

We snapped a few pictures and my wife thought they were both nice young men.

I know you are very proud of your son, we all are too! My 10 year old son can't wait for his hair to get longer in the back - will be a few years on his stash! :) Thanks to Kirby for all the smiles and interaction with my son in Omaha. The ball he tossed him was icing on the cake! Awesome memories were made! Can't wait to see more of the stash!

StoneCWSKirby.jpg

I can't say enough about what I've seen with Kirby. He seems to be the ultimate teammate. Whether it's grabbing someone's batting gloves, taking a sliding give to first base after a hit or walk, cheering for his team 100% of the time, celebrating a HR with the daddy hat, etc., this says a lot about who he is as a person.

I say all these things because I'm the father of a grown daughter and 18 year old son. It makes me proud when someone talks about how nice and respectful my children are to others.

Damn good job dad. As a coach, give me a team filled with Kirby's all day.

When WVLT filmed my interview a few weeks ago, Kirby was on the field with Richard Jackson just messing around. My wife really likes Kirby because he always seems to be enjoying himself and looks like a great teammate. I chatted with Kirby and Richard for a bit. It was before the start of the regionals and they asked me about Omaha and my experience in 95. It's awesome now that they can tell others about theirs.

We snapped a few pictures and my wife thought they were both nice young men.
Hope you are back to 100% soon. GBO!

VN Store

Back