Thank You Pittsburgh

madbamahater

This has been a fun trip. Got to see lots of family and of course a win. The vast majority of Pitt fans were welcoming, hospitable and classy. Several spoke to me after the game and engaged the conversation, even at dinner after the game. Fun town and great sports town. Now, if the Pirates will ever get good.....

This has been a fun trip. Got to see lots of family and of course a win. The vast majority of Pitt fans were welcoming, hospitable and classy. Several spoke to me after the game and engaged the conversation, even at dinner after the game. Fun town and great sports town. Now, if the Pirates will ever get good.....
Does it still smell like a wet dog there?

I’m glad you enjoyed your trip to Pittsburgh. We take a lot of pride in our city and, at least me personally, I thought it was cool that a new fanbase got to visit it for the first time. Safe travels back to Tennessee.
Hope Pitt wins out and gets good news on the injury front. If Slovis doesn’t get hurt I’m not sure TN would of won today.

I agree. My wife and I had a great time in Pittsburgh. We spoke to a lot of Pittsburgh people over the past two days and found them to be warm, helpful, and kind. I used to visit the Sinking Spring, PA area and found them to be just as nice.

I’m glad you enjoyed your trip to Pittsburgh. We take a lot of pride in our city and, at least me personally, I thought it was cool that a new fanbase got to visit it for the first time. Safe travels back to Tennessee.
Y’all have a good team. If you’d quit the fake injuries I’d have nothing but respect

We were in Knoxville last year for the game. We had such a good time down there as Pitt fans and were treated great. We decided last year that whenever Pitt’s bye week takes place we would be coming back down to support the Vols. That week just happens to be October 15 vs Alabama. Looking forward to it. Hopefully Pitt is 5-1 and you guys continue to win. Congratulations on the win and see you 10/15.

That was definitely not the case tonight. They had so many injuries and most didn’t come back into the game. They were legit hurt. Not like Ole Miss hurt
That’s not true. They had a drive where it happened 2 or 3 times almost consecutively. There’s no way in hell they were all injured. How many injury timeouts did Tennessee take? I’ll answer it for you NONE

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Pittsburgh is a helluva town. Been there a few times for conventions. Meeting Savini and Romero at the Monoreville Mall for a dream come true.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Y’all have a good team. If you’d quit the fake injuries I’d have nothing but respect
Respectfully, our players did not “fake” injuries today. I understand that might be a common occurrence with your offense, but we had several players go down with legitimate injuries when we needed them on the field the most.

Also, since we’re on this subject, I was disappointed to hear Tennessee fans boo Bentley’s injury in the first half, though I understand they do not represent the great Volunteer fanbase as a whole.

Respectfully, our players did not “fake” injuries today. I understand that might be a common occurrence with your offense, but we had several players go down with legitimate injuries when we needed them on the field the most.

Also, since we’re on this subject, I was disappointed to hear Tennessee fans boo Bentley’s injury in the first half, though I understand they do not represent the great Volunteer fanbase as a whole.
I strongly disagree. They didn’t all fake, I’m not saying that, but more than one looked extremely dubious. I hope your QB is ok y’all are a tough team wouldn’t shock me to see you win ACC again

This is class and should be how we do things. Pitt is a good team and will challenge for the ACC. I believe that. Great game and sounded like a great atmosphere. The next time this series happens and hopefully soon I will venture to Pittsburgh. I hope all got all they wanted in an overall good ballgame between two teams who want it all.

We were in Knoxville last year for the game. We had such a good time down there as Pitt fans and were treated great. We decided last year that whenever Pitt’s bye week takes place we would be coming back down to support the Vols. That week just happens to be October 15 vs Alabama. Looking forward to it. Hopefully Pitt is 5-1 and you guys continue to win. Congratulations on the win and see you 10/15.
Underrated post.

VN Store

Back