Thank You Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh is a cool town with great people. Western PA has always reminded me of East Tennessee from a cultural perspective. Plus, as a horror movie fanatic, the George Romero connection in that area is awesome!

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Fun series, I would like to see us play Pitt again. Perhaps every 10 years do a home-and-home for Johnny Major Classic.
Go ahead and do it again in 2026/2027. At Pitt in 2026, 50th anniversary of the year they won it all with Majors. Then home in 2027 for the 50th anniversary of Majors coming home. Rinse and repeat once a decade.

Reactions: EasternVol
I don't know about yall, but the Pitt players and their fans seem to be nothing but class acts. Very impressed with their fans here and the dialogue on panther lair. I think their players are tough, play the game the right way, and represent their university the way it should be done.

Respect.

Pittsburgh is a good city....unlike, Philly

I’m glad you enjoyed your trip to Pittsburgh. We take a lot of pride in our city and, at least me personally, I thought it was cool that a new fanbase got to visit it for the fibowl grst time. Safe travels back to Tennessee.

Wife and I went to a Pirates game 4 years ago and had yesterday circled on the calendar since then. Great team, great fans and a great city. Hope we have a Johnny Majors Classic in the future in a New Years Day bowl game.

Reactions: GrouperVol
Agree with OP, first time to Pittsburgh and had a great time. Cool downtown, very friendly people and nice facilities. PNC park views are fantastic and we even brought the Pirates some good luck for a change! Drive from Knoxville wasn't as bad as anticipated. Thanks Pittsburgh, your city rocks!

I saw several that were extremely dubious. It’s preposterously unlikely that everyone one of their injuries was legitimate. Go back and watch it.

You seem to be in a minority of one. Go back and watch again and tell us how many of their injured came back in on the same drive. I don’t remember any.

This has been a fun trip. Got to see lots of family and of course a win. The vast majority of Pitt fans were welcoming, hospitable and classy. Several spoke to me after the game and engaged the conversation, even at dinner after the game. Fun town and great sports town. Now, if the Pirates will ever get good.....
I just got back and what a great trip. Great town and their fans were not threatening like LSU or Gator fans. my seats were on the 50 about 23 rows up behind Our team. Big Orange County showed up and showed up big.

Reactions: mspiegel
I didn’t post it…only humored by the tweet comment of “sniper”.

The most interesting thing to me are the two teammates who look at him and then slowly wander off in another direction.
It’s hilarious I wish this crap would be banned

Ole Miss did a mind___ on our fanbase, we think everyone is faking now, even when they aren’t.. they kind of ruined it for everyone lol.. Normally we clap when players get up and leave the field on both sides of the ball.. even more reason to despise OleMiss lol.. we know who to blame and it rhymes with Riffen
Pitt has been doing this crap since at least 2018 when Heupel was at UCF. Someone just posted a very obvious example

That was 92. Wasn't he out for quite a while for that 'fake' injury, like a series or two?
I don’t know. I know that he played later in the game. I also know that there were many other similar instances during the game. I also know that Pittsburgh has a documented history of faking injuries dating back to 2018. Do you really think that every “injury” they had was legit? Look at how casually his teammates react it’s almost like this is an established plan or something…

I don’t know. I know that he played later in the game. I also know that there were many other similar instances during the game. I also know that Pittsburgh has a documented history of faking injuries dating back to 2018. Do you really think that every “injury” they had was legit? Look at how casually his teammates react it’s almost like this is an established plan or something…
I didn't see very many injury stoppages when Piit was on defense. Those I saw seemed legit. Not every team is Ole Miss.
Was there a Pitt defensive 'injury' where the player was out only a play or three?

That was definitely not the case tonight. They had so many injuries and most didn’t come back into the game. They were legit hurt. Not like Ole Miss hurt

Pitt was legit. Our guys hammered them hard as I've seen in years. Both teams played tough.

VN Store

Back