Terry Fair on working for Pruitt.

Brumbaugh called a ♠️... a spade & Pruitt didn’t like. I gaurantee you that’s what happened. With all the clown hires we’ve made for assistant coaches Jimmy wasn’t that bad to get fired in game 4. Something else happened. Pruitt got challenged.
That episode was sort of like the last straw for the team. They played well is spots, but could only beat a winless Vandy team after that.

We never looked good this season. We were lucky to win against a bad SC team and thankfully caught MO at the right time. We could have easily been 1-9 this past year.
Well I thought we showed flashes in the beginning leading into the second half of Georgia.

Reactions: Remy
What was Fulmer thinking hiring this clown? Makes me want to hear from more former assistants. Also makes me happy that we are rid of these fools.
He was from Fulmer’s neighboring county, and Phil wanted somebody from his aw-shucks, them-are good-people county. Either that or he wanted a Darth Nicky clone and thought he found him.

I think we remember the 2012 offense and forget how bad Dooley was on the field. 4-19 in SEC play. Pruitt was 10-16 in SEC play.

It's not close that Dooley was a far worse coach if you look at just the on field stuff. Now, I will agree with you that Pruitt did more damage to UT than Dooley.

Dooley tried to quit before his last season, didn't want to be here, hired a buddy to give him a paycheck, refused to recruit and mailed it in the rest of the season. He still outdid Pruitt.

What was Fulmer thinking hiring this clown? Makes me want to hear from more former assistants. Also makes me happy that we are rid of these fools.

Fulmer’s weakness was making personnel decisions— started with keeping Randy Sanders, which led to the loss of big time QB recruits like Leaks and Simms. Hiring Pruitt was the final straw— overlooking Pruitt’s conflicts with prior staffs was the big one, and to a lesser extent his lack of HC experience and English language, which was awful for a guy in that position. Really bad on Fulmer to go that route— you could see it in his face after the GaSt loss, he knew he’d f’d it up!

I prefer to think that the white board incident was the turning point on Pruitt's time at Tennessee... Phil cut his nut sack and it was downhill after that.

1st half of the GA game was the best they looked all year.
And we got wore out statistically in that game, the only reason we ever had a lead was that their center snapped the ball 20 feet over the quarterbacks head into the endzone on their first possession. It was a mirage, like any apparent success during Beldar's tenure. Glad that DA is gone.

Reactions: hog88
What a combination of clowns we've had. Fooley, Botch and Beldar. You literally couldn't script a better strategy for completely burying a program. Add some Foolmer to it and that's the cherry on top.

I hope as many coaches and close observers come out and tell it like it is. Dump as much crap on Beldar as possible. I hope that ignorant gump is force fed shite sandwiches on a daily basis. Beldar is so repulsive I doubt the coaching circle will hold it against anyone who comes forward. I'm glad Terry did, BRAVO!
The downfall began and ended with Fulmer. That man's pride ruined our program.

No. Dooley was terrible but his teams were watchable. With a better DC he might still have a job. There’s zero way Pruitt should ever be more than an coordinator at any level above high school. Most awful football I’ve seen at Tennessee. With Dooley we got beat by some mediocre teams, he never lost to Georgia state. Pruitt also didn’t just lose he got curb stomped and just kept right on JGing the team till the team said F it.
This

I prefer to think that the white board incident was the turning point on Pruitt's time at Tennessee... Phil cut his nut sack and it was downhill after that.
We were supposedly a top 20 team at halftime of Ga game, and managed to play some of the worst football I’ve ever seen for the next 6 quarters. It was the worst loss the Kentucky since before Neyland. Firing a position coach in front of the team? Even Dooley never pulled that.

I am wondering just how much due diligence Fulmer actually did in researching Pruitt? Sounds like all the warning signs were there if Phil just did the bare minimum of digging

Reactions: Volfan1000
We were supposedly a top 20 team at halftime of Ga game, and managed to play some of the worst football I’ve ever seen for the next 6 quarters. It was the worst loss the Kentucky since before Neyland. Firing a position coach in front of the team? Even Dooley never pulled that.
Someday, someone is going to spill the beans on what happened in that locker room against Georgia. It had to be epic considering the nosedive the team took afterwards

VN Store

Back