Terry Fair on working for Pruitt.

I hope Terry doesn't get a bad rap over this. The coaching fraternity is pretty tight knit. One of the things that rarely happens is to hear an assistant bad mouth his former head coach. One of those things where if you put him on your staff how long before he bad mouths you? He's a good guy, hope this doesn't set back his future in any way.
I think Pruitt is such an a-hole that Fair will be just fine. Pruitt leaves stories to be told everywhere he goes.

What was Fulmer thinking hiring this clown? Makes me want to hear from more former assistants. Also makes me happy that we are rid of these fools.
I think he thought he had someone he could control and assume the reins from if things got bad. Which you will never convince me was not exactly what was going on with Steele, he was hired as Fulmer's DC.

Seriously, it sounds like this thing has 30 for 30 type potential if the full story ever comes out.

This is the clincher though:

"Fortunately for the Vols, they now have a coach who has experience running a program. And the athletic director who just left a secure job in Orlando thought highly enough of Josh Heupel to essentially bet on his own future at UT by hiring Heupel in Knoxville.

I’d say that bodes well for the future of Tennessee football."

I don't know whether Heupel is the long term answer either, but I am glad to have him, some change, any change was needed, and we've got to give the man a fair chance. After what that Gump has done it'll take 3 years just to get back to square one.

Last edited:
I think Pruitt is such an a-hole that Fair will be just fine. Pruitt leaves stories to be told everywhere he goes.
That's my impression as well, sometimes things are exactly what they seem, and we seriously had a semi-literate Alabama Neandrathal running a multimillion dollar operation for 3 years. He was not a lick smarter than he seemed. Definitely addition by subtraction.

What a combination of clowns we've had. Fooley, Botch and Beldar. You literally couldn't script a better strategy for completely burying a program. Add some Foolmer to it and that's the cherry on top.

I hope as many coaches and close observers come out and tell it like it is. Dump as much crap on Beldar as possible. I hope that ignorant gump is force fed shite sandwiches on a daily basis. Beldar is so repulsive I doubt the coaching circle will hold it against anyone who comes forward. I'm glad Terry did, BRAVO!

Some day it will be realized what a big mistake it was to bring Fulmer back as AD. Bringing back someone who was fired as the head coach into the AD job was a disaster waiting to happen. Why did Fulmer even consider Pruitt to fill the head coach position when no other football program was considering Pruitt. This is a pretty good sign Pruitt was not a quality coach.

I hope Terry doesn't get a bad rap over this. The coaching fraternity is pretty tight knit. One of the things that rarely happens is to hear an assistant bad mouth his former head coach. One of those things where if you put him on your staff how long before he bad mouths you? He's a good guy, hope this doesn't set back his future in any way.
He just said what everyone was thinking

If you’re going to hire a coach from al you hire one of the carpet baggers, who has no ties to that state. You do not hire the moron that was born, raised, and educated in that piss poor state. This is what you get

Pruitt took a big fat dump on our program and our state. But then Graham acts like a turkey, so you see how Bama guys roll.

History will judge Fulmer harshly for allowing Pruitt to act this way. Just like Hamilton for allowing Kiffin to put all the USC photos and videos in the football building.

Erasing the toxic culture will take some time.

"And the athletic director who just left a secure job in Orlando thought highly enough of Josh Heupel to essentially bet on his own future at UT by hiring Heupel in Knoxville."

The article was OK until this line. Danny White didn't "bet on his own future at UT" by hiring Heuple. He hired him because he had no damn choice but to go get his old coach. He couldnt convince anyone he really wanted to come here.

He went after one person only. He went after the person who crap all over his own career and has a terrible reputation in the industry that is being uncovered more and more every day.

Reactions: BLUTickbusdriver
Auburn went 3-5 in the SEC that season, at what point was that a “good” win? Indiana finished 8-5 that season and didn’t beat a single team with a pulse
I'm just stumping for the Kentucky game. They went 9-3, 5-3 in the SEC and then beat Penn State in their bowl game for 10 wins. That was a legitimate, quality win. As to Auburn and Indiana, there weren't many high points to choose from I guess.

As bad as Pruitt was (and he was awful), Dooley was much worse. Now depending on probation, Pruitt might actually leave the program in a worse spot than Dooley did.
No. Dooley was terrible but his teams were watchable. With a better DC he might still have a job. There’s zero way Pruitt should ever be more than an coordinator at any level above high school. Most awful football I’ve seen at Tennessee. With Dooley we got beat by some mediocre teams, he never lost to Georgia state. Pruitt also didn’t just lose he got curb stomped and just kept right on JGing the team till the team said F it.

VN Store

Back