Tennessee vs. UVA Game Thread

Question: Why did we foul the guy with ten seconds left up by three and then with under six seconds we let him shoot the three? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the first one? Or did they do that b/c with six left he has to rush the three more?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to be the one to herald the dawning of the Era of National Relevance for Tennessee Basketball. Welcome to the big time, boys. You sure earned it. Now, I'm off to the New Orleans Arena.

Question: Why did we foul the guy with ten seconds left up by three and then with under six seconds we let him shoot the three? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the first one? Or did they do that b/c with six left he has to rush the three more?

he has to rush the shot more, and the way everybody but lofton was shooting fts, we have to let the guy shoot eventually

Gritty win - kind you have to have to survive and ADVANCE!!!! Personally, I didn't think what Singletary was all that bad, and I think he and Reynolds were as good as advertised. All in all, I'm very proud of the Vols!! From here on out it's all gravy for me - Sweet 16! -Just great to still be in the mix!

he has to rush the shot more, and the way everybody but lofton was shooting fts, we have to let the guy shoot eventually

Thanks. That's what I thought. However, when he let that three go I just knew it was going in and I thought we were going to get burned like Xavier did.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to be the one to herald the dawning of the Era of National Relevance for Tennessee Basketball. Welcome to the big time, boys. You sure earned it. Now, I'm off to the New Orleans Arena.
If Winthrop wins today, do they enter an Era of National Relevence, as well?

Plenty of teams make the Sweet 16 and fizzle out the next year (Wichita State, Chattanooga, many more)

VN Store

Back